Beginners and Beyond

Shamrock 2013 (Read 535 times)

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Looking at the 10-day forecast, it shows 3/16 as cloudy with a high of 55, low of 37.

I'll take that.  What are the chances it'll be the same on 3/17?  Like, -2%?

Angela 

The wind looks scary.  It shows for:

Mar 15th - 27 mph

Mar 16th - 22 mph

Mar 17th - 3 mph  ???

Mar 18th - 8 mph

Mar 19th - 21 mph

What are the odds that our little ole day is gonna have the mild breeze?  Don't know if I believe this yet.

Starting tomorrow, we will be in the 10 day forecast!

(grin).  I was thinking this same thing yesterday. :-)   -- I think I will avoid really counting on what any forecast says until Monday morning, because that'll be in the 7-day window.  Hopefully sunny anf 55ish.   --Normally it is not that windy in Virginia Beach.  For some reason, the long range weather forecasts always load a bunch of days with "windy", but that normally is not the case here.  --Only if a storm is approaching, and again, hoepfully that does not happen!  --- By Monday next week, the picture should be much clearer on what a reliable forecast will be.    Please, no wind .:-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

flarunner

I'm gonna pop in for a sec...

I did Shamrock back in 1996. I'm sure the course has changed somewhat over the years, but one thing to keep in mind. The "boardwalk" at the end is cement and after 25+ miles on asphalt it's quite the shock.

Good luck you guys. You'll all do great!

Not much on concrete, glad it is the last mile. :-)   Also, check out the elevation profile.  People talk about the "bridge you have to cross twice", but it is only about a 20 feet rise....  Highest point on the course never surpasses the 30 foot mark!  Some good weather and we will all hopefully be setting some PR's Smile

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

I'm gonna pop in for a sec...

I did Shamrock back in 1996. I'm sure the course has changed somewhat over the years, but one thing to keep in mind. The "boardwalk" at the end is cement and after 25+ miles on asphalt it's quite the shock.

Good luck you guys. You'll all do great!

Well luckily I run fore/mid foot so concrete doesn't bother me at all.  In fact my preferred place to run any non-interval work less than 13 miles is all concrete.

slowrunningjulie

Wow, that's a nice elevation chart! Coming from Austin, I think the only race I have ever run that is that flat was in Denver. Please let the weather hold, and we could all be in for a treat.

I was really agitated to wake up this morning and realize that we are NOT in the 10 forecast yet today. In my math-impaired brain, I was thinking 17-7=10, so today we will be in the 10 day forecast. No.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

slowrunningjulie

We're in the 10 day forecast! We're in the 10 day forecast! And so far, it's looking good.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

Trail Monster

I can't believe I do my last double digit run tomorrow! Woohoo!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Mmmmm...beer

Hope the forecast holds!  Can't wait!!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

WTF???  Last I checked it was clear and sunny for Sunday, now it's 60% chance of rain?  Hopefully that changes over the next week.

-Dave

My running blog

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

I just now saw that 60% chance of rain.  Yikes.  But since we're still a whole week away, I'm going to go ahead and ignore that.

I also ran MCM this past year, which was supposed to take place in the middle of Hurricane Sandy.  It held off for us by a few hours and the weather was nearly perfect.  So I'll be an optimist here!

Angela 

UPSucks

Who cares what the weather is. It hasn't stopped me training for this, so it certainly isn't going to stop me from still running in it.

Dreamn

I care.  I would at least like warm weather with my rain, but the show will go on Big grin!

Mmmmm...beer

The rain certainly isn't going to stop me, I'm gonna run it and PR the hell out of it no matter what the weather is, but it will definitely be more enjoyable if it's at least dry.

-Dave

My running blog