Beginners and Beyond

Shamrock 2013 (Read 535 times)

slowrunningjulie

I would definitely prefer it to be dry. But, as I tell my kids "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit. " Besides, there is still plenty of time for the forecast to improve.

I ran my last "long" run today - 8 miles, 7 of them faster than MP. I feel really good and am ready!

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

UPSucks

Now it says 20% chance of rain and 52 for the high.

I ran five miles yesterday. Foot feels good. I'm ready. Just don't know what pace I should run. I'm going to shoot for 2:10 finish. No matter what I run it will be a PR since its my first half. Not a bad way to spend my 42nd birthday!

Accuweather.com has the forecast as Saturday and Sunday:  0% Rain Chance!  Highs and Lows the Historical norms of High 59, Low about 40.  Perfect if it holds.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/virginia-beach-va/23456/march-weather/9735_pc

www noaa.gov has it as 0% chance of rain also!  Low, 41, High:  52 for both days.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Virginia+Beach&state=VA&site=AKQ&lat=36.7394&lon=-76.0437

www weather.com has it as a 30% chance of rain (a few showers, nothing big it seems)  Highs in the Mid 50's, Lows in the  Mid 40's.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Virginia+Beach+VA+23456:4:US

---And there you have it.  We are within a 6 day window to the race now and from those weather reports, It appears the temps will be near perfect for racing.  (I.E.  A little chilly at the start, but perfect for the running :-)  GOOD LUCK everyone, all to do now is TAPER and Rest up in preparation :-)..

---Flat course, great temps, no rain,  great course, lets get out there and do this!   (I can't wait  :-) )

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Dreamn

The rain certainly isn't going to stop me, I'm gonna run it and PR the hell out of it no matter what the weather is, but it will definitely be more enjoyable if it's at least dry.

Give me some of your confidence! Big grin

I've seen Dave run at the recent winter series... He is getting so fast that I don't think 18 inches of snow on the ground could stop him from getting a PR!

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Mmmmm...beer

No problem, take as much as you need. Smile  You're gonna do great!

Thanks Kris, I can't wait for Sunday, this taper is starting to get to me, I just wanted to run all day in the beautiful weather this afternoon!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

aplodder

Susan

Is anyone planning to run a 2:05-2:10 pace for the half (Around 9:35 minute miles)?  I am going into this race with no idea what I might be  able to do on a flat course.   I may crash and burn at some point and won't have any regrets if that happens.  If anyone else is planning to start out at a similar pace and wants to run with me, let me know.  We'll make arrangements to meet before the race.

Is anyone planning to run a 2:05-2:10 pace for the half (Around 9:35 minute miles)?  I am going into this race with no idea what I might be  able to do on a flat course.   I may crash and burn at some point and won't have any regrets if that happens.  If anyone else is planning to start out at a similar pace and wants to run with me, let me know.  We'll make arrangements to meet before the race.

I'm doing the full but planning to run a 9:50 pace (4:20 time).  A bit on the slow side for you and I'd only be there for half your run, but that is equivalent to your 2:10 half.

Weather.gov is now calling for 30% chance of rain during the day.  That rain has been moving from originally next week to closer and closer to the race.  Weather patterns must be speeding up.  Plus it looks like the Saturday night low is currently forecast to be 41F with a Sunday high of 47F.  it is not showing wind yet that far out.

aplodder

Susan

I'm doing the full but planning to run a 9:50 pace (4:20 time).  A bit on the slow side for you and I'd only be there for half your run, but that is equivalent to your 2:10 half.

I would be happy to run that pace.  The only problem would be that the schedule says the half starts at 7, and the full doesn't start until 8:30.  I was surprised to see the different start times.

I would be happy to run that pace.  The only problem would be that the schedule says the half starts at 7, and the full doesn't start until 8:30.  I was surprised to see the different start times.

Ah, whoops.  Forgot about the different start times.  An hour and a half seems like much.  I wonder why such a big stagger.

aplodder

Susan

I was surprised that the Half started first.  8:30 seems late for a full when there's potential for the weather to get warm later in the race.  Thankfully it looks like heat won't be an issue this year.

Dreamn

The full and half also start at different locations. It's quite an interesting set up Smile.

slowrunningjulie

I am totally antsy today. Let's get this show on the road! If only I could go for a nice long RUN to work off some of this energy.

I am cautiously optimistic about the weather.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

aplodder

Susan

I'm not going to obsess about the weather.  Really, I'm not.  I haven't looked once.  My husband keeps giving me updates.  He's not even running.  I think it may be obsession by proxy.   He's also found the grocery store, the Trader Joe's, the restaurants, and anything else we might need and has programmed the addresses into the GPS.  I think he's looking forward to the weekend away.  I don't think I have to do much other than get in the car this weekend and go where he takes me.  Oh, and run the half.

I am antsy too and thankful that I have stuff to do this evening and most of the day tomorrow.  Otherwise I might go stir crazy.