Beginners and Beyond

PLEASE bring on the Coffee, Penguins... Please... (Read 34 times)

Bin Running

That's a great pic of Awood..

Tomas, sorry that the traveling is so exp.. Can you try to make the school pay for it?

Coralie, feel better.. 3M not done as DW ordered salted fish fried rice and I am hungry..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jerry - I wish I knew.  I'd just encourage you to pay close attention, and back off if it feels like your headed the wrong direction.    A hip flexor doesn't sound like it's the worst option though.

Bingo - Howdy!  How have ya been?

She Can - 13 1/2 sounds good to me, even if you do slow down a bit.

Zel - Hey, you got a discount.  That's saving money.  Right?

Traci - I'm pretty sure that's how runner's world describes a streak.  I wasn't aiming for a streak, but I've got a streak of over 50 days going.  Some people take streaks very very seriously.  If I needed a rest day, I'd ditch my streak in a heartbeat.  Feeling great right now though.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Tomas - I second the idea of BWI.  When we lived in that area, we did most of our flights out of there.  Southwest has cheaper flights, usually, but they may be jacking up prices that week because of the high demand.  Why can't you do Disney?  Work or money?

I need to check southwest every week.

Lack of planning caused a good lil problem. Baby due feb 7th. Dont tell anyone Smile

Bin- maybe I load some kids in a school bus and drive for a field trip to Washington DC that weekend Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I just got back from looking at a treadmill.  I keep reading that you have to spend over so many thousands of dollars, or you're not going to get a good treadmill and whatever.  I'll be honest.  The NordicTrack C900 seems a lot better than the commercial treadmills I run on when I travel, and it's on closeout for $879.  I might just pick it up later this week if I can find a truck.  I don't plan on using it any more than I have to anyway.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Congrats T-Rod!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Sloooow.

I just got back from looking at a treadmill.  I keep reading that you have to spend over so many thousands of dollars, or you're not going to get a good treadmill and whatever.  I'll be honest.  The NordicTrack C900 seems a lot better than the commercial treadmills I run on when I travel, and it's on closeout for $879.  I might just pick it up later this week if I can find a truck.  I don't plan on using it any more than I have to anyway.

Nordic Track has good treadmills. I have an Incline Trainer, that is what I run on most of the time. It was $1400. I'm hoping to replace it next year for one that folds. The one you are talking about sounds like a good deal!

Bin Running

Tomas, congrats!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

tracilynn

Tomas!' Congrats!

~~~~~~~

Traci

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ginny not much crosstraining these days. I recently had a big mileage increase and it is challenging both time wise and energy wise to complete all my runs.  Plus I have a 55 hour work week and more than 40 of those hours are on my feet moving around. I do try to get in one yoga class a week though.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

It was a beaver. Look at the second picture and you can see the little aspen she is dragging back to her lodge. It was cool!

T-rod: Smile

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

hehehe...beaver

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

hehehe...beaver

Be careful with that beaver stuff. It leads to missed races.

Tomas

Zelanie

Tomas- Congratulations! Smile

Traci- I just got the basic black sleeves.  Sorry.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Tomas!

I need to check southwest every week.

Lack of planning caused a good lil problem. Baby due feb 7th. Dont tell anyone Smile

Bin- maybe I load some kids in a school bus and drive for a field trip to Washington DC that weekend Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Congrats, Tomas!

Thanks yall

Btw- when are you moving to TX. I may need a babysitter Smile

Tomas