Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES Are Sleeping Late Today, (Read 42 times)

I hope.

Today, I'll do ab work and push-ups. I'll be walking a lot, so no running until Tuesday morning, before I return to work.

I'm on my way to get a pedicure. Not to soon. My feet look like hooves of a goat in my mom's village.

Where is everyone? It's 6:29 on the eastern coast of the United States. Come on, people, get crackalackin'!

LRB

Where is everyone? It's 6:29 on the eastern coast of the United States. Come on, people, get crackalackin'!

Yeah, that's 6:29 AM on a Sunday, not PM. lol

delicate flower

'Morning!  I'm here, I'm here.  Not the best night of sleep for me due to achiness.  Getting old and all.  Today is a ski day because active recovery.

<3

HobbitLegs

elevenses

I'm up! Early work day for me. It's pouring outside so I just want to crawl back into bed.

SRD on the running front.

Basya - Sorry you had the breathing issues during your race, but congrats for toughing it out. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

LRB

I stayed with a relative last night and cannot find their stupid coffee maker, and of course they are all knocked the hell out.  Do i have to drive to Starbucks or will I find the thing?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gasp, maybe they don't have one, LRB (ducks). Even we have a coffee maker so it has to be there somewhere

pups had me up early. Foggy so haven't left to run yet

Marjorie

outoftheblue

It's only 4:40 a.m. on the West Coast.  But, I'm up and drinking a cup of coffee.  About to leave in a few minutes for my race.  I't s a long drive down the mountains in the dark, but at least I'm fully awake and the weather looks good.

Life is good.

LRB

Gasp, maybe they don't have one, LRB (ducks). Even we have a coffee maker so it has to be there somewhere

Found it and the filters, but this is the first time I have made Pike Place without a k-cup and it is a little strong. 

Good luck Blue.  Remember to reign in that pace during the first mile and you will kill it!

Morning folks. Something later, maybe the run/yoga combo. Feeling a bunch of stiffness & soreness, can't imagine what's causing it.

Good luck Blue.  Remember to reign in that pace during the first mile and you will kill it!

You rein in your pace at the start, so you can reign over your competition.

And yeah, good luck OOTB!

Dave

Will run for scenery.

Mmm... Time for breakfast......

Basya, sorry about the athsma, but you're a trooper for sticking it out to the finish.  It sounds like an amazing place for a marathon.  Do we get to see any pics ? I'm a visual runner 

LRB, sorry for the hardship.  For safety's sake, you should probably toss a few SBUX Via packets in your suitcase, tape one to the back of your cell phone, and stitch a few into the lining of your coat.  Things worked out this time, but you never know....

Who's racing today ?  OOTB, D, anybody else ? Good luck !

AFM, I need to hit the gym today - I've been lazy.  Last time I alternated walking on the TM with a few "fast" intervals (10:00) and it seemed easier on my AT.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Where is everyone?  I was halfway through a half marathon at 629!!!

Paced hubby at the Puerto Rico Half Marathon.  It was not as hot as last year (100F) but it was still hilly, haha.  We had a great time and we shall be back again.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

You rein in your pace at the start, so you can reign over your competition.

Congrats.  That is the equivalent of finding a four leaf clover!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! SRD today for me. Watch DD until her nap time, then probably doing some touch-up painting.

Good luck racers, and everyone have a great day!

- Andrew

LRB

LRB, sorry for the hardship.  For safety's sake, you should probably toss a few SBUX Via packets in your suitcase, tape one to the back of your cell phone, and stitch a few into the lining of your coat.  Things worked out this time, but you never know....

That is actually a good idea!  I had one of those once and it did come in handy at one point!

Welp, despite the cold ass temps (18 and 6) I got out for 11 miles and it actually was not that bad at all.  I went 5.5 south then turn around for 5.5 right into a stiff wind that I swear was not helping me the other way but maybe it was.

I will be heading to the theater soon for some yumminess in a box and cup and to see Divergent, a movie that depending on who you read is either a bad ass movie, or a bad ass movie.  lol