Beginners and Beyond

Interesting fact about alcohol (Read 223 times)

Chicago

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Dave

Hip Redux

Fsocks - Grilled?

Grilled pizza is THE BEST.  Yum.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

And Chicago knows how to do a hot dog.

When I went to NY, I was told that I had to try the pizza and the street vendor hot dogs.  They're both convenient, but I'd wait Chicago style hot dogs or pizza.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Deep dish, thin crust, it's all good.

However, Chicago dogs > NYC dogs by miles.  Personally, I'd rather have a brat loaded with sauerkraut and spicy brown mustard.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Fsocks - Grilled?

Grilled pizza is THE BEST.  Yum.

Yes.

You people have issues 

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

You all have not had pizza until you've had Old Forge, PA pizza.  It MUST be amazing if this tiny little town is nationally known as having amazing pizza.  Feel free to come visit and I will show you around and stuff you to the gills.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/03/24/pizza.capital/

pizza

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

notimeforthat

I am with ya MJ, I would much rather eat my calories. It isn't a moral stance, just a practical one. I can have a Guinness or I can have a brownie.

After my long rides on the bike, sometimes I will have a beer, but it is very rare and I would much rather head out and grab some tacos de carne asada.

I will not bore you all with the current stats on disease processes from both, but its there.

MrNamtor

As someone who grew up in the Chicago area, I take issue with that statement. Chicago-style deep dish all the way. Additional benefits in sheer calorie/fat density - try stacking up about 6 NY slices and you get an idea.

I have pretty much sworn off pizza in general since I started trying to eat healthier in recent years, but when I get back to Chicago I can't help but indulge.

haha, i was thinking about putting in some kind of disclaimer here. I live in Chicago now, so I know what you're talking about. And I think Chicago pizza IS actually better, pie to pie. However, the fact that NYC pizza is so cheap, available by the slice any time and anywhere you are, and is so unique (though copied badly all over the US, just like Chicago pizza is) makes it, In my mind the best pizza OVERALL.

But I would say that a pie of Chicago style pizza sitting in front of you might arguably be better than a pie of New York style. Still, i don't think that's a debate that can be easily won either way.

MrNamtor

It should also be pointed out that both NY style and Chicago style pizza are copied VERY BADLY all over the world. Both styles are only good in their native towns.

delicate flower

Mmmmm...Ellio's....

You all have not had pizza until you've had Old Forge, PA pizza.  It MUST be amazing if this tiny little town is nationally known as having amazing pizza.  Feel free to come visit and I will show you around and stuff you to the gills.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/03/24/pizza.capital/

pizza

<3

MrNamtor

Note to you.  Never EVER eat pizza in Miami.  Worst pizza in the world, ugh.  I agree, NY is among the best (if not the best) that I've tried.  Actually NY pizza is better than Italy's. 

This is so timely! I was just in Miami (well, mostly Coconut Grove) and had a slice of "New York style pizza" and it sucked! But the Cuban food is great!

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

My pizza > Chicago pizza > NY pizza

+1

I had fresh mozzarella, but I forgot about it. Oops.

In transit, arriving on time. 

MrNamtor

Alright you guys, you're killing me. I live literally next door to a Lou Malnati. And I don't want to eat pizza today. I really don't.

MrNamtor

And Chicago knows how to do a hot dog.

When I went to NY, I was told that I had to try the pizza and the street vendor hot dogs.  They're both convenient, but I'd wait Chicago style hot dogs or pizza.

NY has the "dirty water" dogs. That flavor can only be obtained by soaking a hot dog for several hours in greasy salty water.

Like you, I don't eat a ton of pizza or hot dogs anymore, but chicago dogs ARE great.

Alright you guys, you're killing me. I live literally next door to a Lou Malnati. And I don't want to eat pizza today. I really don't.

I don't know how you live next door to Lou's without eating there all the time. Don't you just smell it constantly?

And next you'll want to get one of these. Where's your nearest Al's?

Dave