Beginners and Beyond

Interesting fact about alcohol (Read 223 times)

Docket_Rocket

I am sometimes sorry I became a vegetarian.  This picture makes me feel GLAD I am a vegetarian.  Except for the beer.  And the fries.

Speaking of ridiculous food....behold the "Francesinha", it's a sandwich containing bread, ham, sausage, a thin steak and cheese. Then it's covered in cheese and a tomato-and-beer sauce. And a fried egg. Plus fries and a beer.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Stay tuned folks. Tonight is Eggplant Parmigiana...Big grin

Dave, we appear to have another eggplant alignment. DW made ratatouille with couscous tonight.

Dave

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Chicken & spinach lasagna with garlic bread and a garden salad.  I'm full.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I am sometimes sorry I became a vegetarian.  This picture makes me feel GLAD I am a vegetarian.  Except for the beer.  And the fries.

+1 but I'm not a vegetarian.

You people have issues 

Happy to be running

When it comes to alcohol, the last thing I want is facts.

+1,000,000

New runner base building for my first marathon 

I have run 2 half marathons 1:52:42 & 1:58:00

notimeforthat

Almond butter and blueberry jam on Ezekiel bread. It was a lazy night.

an amazing likeness

10 miles:1 beer is a great ratio to maintain.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Better I Leave

Tonight's dinner was simply...superb. Eggplant Parmigiana.

First, the marinara

Then, the constructed dish...

Plated...

Zelanie

Now that I've found the right thread, here is one of the pizzas DH made for me tonight:

He also made one with gouda, garlic, and orange peppers, and another one with black beans, olives, cilantro, jalapenos, and salsa.

And here is the cake that my MIL made:

Isn't it adorable?

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

That would be an after run food, right?  Big grin

By necessity, because after you eat it you can't do anything elseBig grin. Hell, I ordered one after a half-marathon and could only finish 3/4 of it (although the day I took the picture I ate the whole thing).

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Chasing the bus

I thought this thread was about BOOZE?! Sheesh. I had to quit reading 'till after "lunch" (working night shift here).  Made scones tonight for us nightwalkers...blueberry/orange cornmeal scones. Perfect with my cappuccino.

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                        Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Love the Half

I am with ya MJ, I would much rather eat my calories. It isn't a moral stance, just a practical one. I can have a Guinness or I can have a brownie.

After my long rides on the bike, sometimes I will have a beer, but it is very rare and I would much rather head out and grab some tacos de carne asada.

I will not bore you all with the current stats on disease processes from both, but its there.

Oh please.  What about the disease stats from obesity?  Spare us the moral crusade against alcohol.  Sugar or starch or fat or anything else is bad when not consumed in moderation.  Hell, water can kill you and it has killed a few slower runners in marathons.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Dr. Cornsitter

The best pizza is the one I am holding in my hand about to stuff into my fat face, whenever I am eating pizza!

+10,000

This thread sings to the 22-year-old in me. I spent that entire summer living off three things: beer, pepperoni pizza from Pizzeria Regina's in Boston's North End, and bacon/egg/cheese croissants from Dunkin Donuts. I would literally become sick to my stomach if I tried to eat anything else. Even on that diet, I lost 20 lbs that summer.

I prefer my methods this time around much more. But MAN I could go for some pizzzeeerrrr right now!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Hip Redux

+10,000

This thread sings to the 22-year-old in me. I spent that entire summer living off three things: beer, pepperoni pizza from Pizzeria Regina's in Boston's North End, and bacon/egg/cheese croissants from Dunkin Donuts. I would literally become sick to my stomach if I tried to eat anything else. Even on that diet, I lost 20 lbs that summer.

I prefer my methods this time around much more. But MAN I could go for some pizzzeeerrrr right now!

Pizzeria Regina's - the only place where the service is total crap but you wouldn't have it any other way!  Plus, their pizza is super yum.

Dr. Cornsitter

Pizzeria Regina's - the only place where the service is total crap but you wouldn't have it any other way!  Plus, their pizza is super yum.

And you can't friggin' find the place unless you one of the initiated.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.