Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Salute Veterans Tuesdaily. (Read 21 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Veterans Find Peace Through Running

PADRunner

Remembering those who served.

Group practice tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Happy Veterans Day!  Pilates in a few hours, a run tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, PAD and Docket!!  I figure the Penguin thread will be light today.

My thanks to Scottydog for his service, and also Rach!  Anybody else in the igloo been in the military, or serving currently?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all!  Happy Veteran's Day.

Finally actually getting my haircut - this place turns out to be closed on both Sundays and Mondays.  Wearing my running clothes there and doing 3 afterwards.  Hopefully this place turns out okay so that I can stop spending my money on haircuts and start spending it on running gear instead :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

From the Internet.

Morning pens! Happy Veterans' Day and thank you to Scotty and Rach for your service! Ran 25 miles last week and took yesterday off, planning on 5ish this afternoon.

tracilynn

Scotty and Rach! Thanks for your service and I hope you enjoy this day 

Its been 2 days of no running for me but I did do my strength exercises from anatomy for runners last night. Will run a few tonight when my husband gets home.

Polar bullcrap gets here Wed overnight

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, it's supposed to get colder here too.  No snow, which is good, but I'm not ready for cold weather!!  And I have to dress up for work on Thursday, bah!  Definitely a day for leggings under the skirt ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.3 family group run miles this morning.

Our family thanks to all of our Veterans for your service to protect our Freedom.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

Happy Veterans Day!

Scotty - have a good race this afternoon.

PAD - enjoy your group run tonight.

Damaris - have a good day off.  Hope your afternoon run is a good one.

Morning HopesMom!

sapf - good luck with the haircut.  It's always a bit scary trying somebody new.  Are you going short or just trimmed?

Lauren - good job on the 25 last week.  Sounds like you're getting back to where you were before your surgery.

Traci - are you still stiff from your race?  Enjoy your miles this evening.

Robert - good job on the family run this a.m.

AFM:  today is the last day before winter sets in, so one way or another I'll be outside - probably 5 in the neighborhood.  Yesterday I ended up going to the County Park with DH and Ben.  They walked while I ran two loops.  It was terrific.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Scott and Rach...Salute !!!

Zelanie

Morning, everyone!

I have off today, which is nice.  Things have been so busy lately!  Thank you to Scotty and Rach for your service.

Last night I ran with a friend, but it was pretty clear that I am still in recovery mode because I used to be a tad faster than her, but now she was definitely needing to take it easy for me, and I was having to push myself a bit to keep up.  Oh well, it will come back.

Today I think I'm going to go for 8 miles.

I also signed up for the 2015 in 2015 mileage game.  My team was not very competitive this year (lots of injuries, unfortunately), but it was fun getting to know my teammates and hopefully they had a good time.

Ginny- Glad you had such a good run!

Singer who runs a smidge

My team was not at all competitive this year, and I seemed to spend a lot of time nagging them to post, although I wasn't the captain.  I'm on the fence about signing up again this year, particularly in view of the fact that I'm not actually running.

OTOH, I was a member of The Grateful Tread, which was the most fun team in existence.  Weekly communication, lots of banter, good times, and we even had a shirt made.  So it can be all kinds of fun, and it can be annoying.  It's a crapshoot, I guess.

Zelanie

I am trying my best to keep things fun on our team, even if we're not really competitive mileage wise.  IMO it shouldn't be about who can do the most as much as a group who supports and encourages one another.  HsM, if you do sign up, I would be happy to have you on my team. Smile  We can nag you to walk more!

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!  Happy Veterans' Day!  Thanks to Scotty and Rach for your service.

I ran with my group this morning. In honor of Veterans Day we were all dressed in Red, White, and Blue.  It was a fun run - I did 7.