Beginners and Beyond

Better late than never FriDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

Go!

LRB

'Sup!

I was actually running before 6:30 this morning (my earliest ever) having had an early morning meeting to attend (hate those) so I had to do what I had to do to get my 4 mile run out of the way before a busy day takes over.

Other than that, everything is cool! 

Last day of vacation.  6 miles.

Next!

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

3.2 shake-out miles with a couple of strides done early. Day-before-race baked oatmeal for breakfast, just a bit of packing left and I'm off!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Last day of vacation. 

Why can't vacation just continue on and on? Smile I tell my wife whenever I can that we should just move to Maui. She said that she's afraid of living on an island.

Good luck Shari! Stay hydrated.

Running wise I had 3 on the TM this morning. I started at 6:40, which is about as late as I get (outside of weekend running). Tomorrow's run is sort of a big deal - 19 miles, with 15 at MP. Hopefully there's no rain.

- Andrew

happylily

Stop the presses! I ran at 6 am this morning for the first time in a long long time. OMG, I'm so hardcore.  Been sick for the last two days with an intestinal flu which made it impossible for me to run and even eat anything. But I felt better this morning and SO and I are travelling to Toronto by car, leaving right after work, so no time for running tonight. So it was this morning or never. 6 miles @ 7:34. Felt a bit rusted and dehydrated, but I did it and damn that morning shower felt good after. I will try to run 4 more miles this afternoon, if I can finish work a little earlier. We plan on leaving around 5 pm.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

I was actually running before 6:30 this morning (my earliest ever) having had an early morning meeting to attend (hate those) so I had to do what I had to do to get my 4 mile run out of the way before a busy day takes over.

Funny, I was out the door running at 5:20 yesterday morning due to work meetings, which was my earliest run ever.  Isn't that a great story!

Good morning, internet runners!  I've got 7-8 easy miles on the slate today.  My legs finally don't feel tired this week.  I think 10 milers Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday tired them out.  Hey, marathon.

10K race Sunday.  Looking forward to it but really not expecting anything great given how my legs have felt lately, and I don't expect them to feel fresh at gun time.

<3

happylily

3.2 shake-out miles with a couple of strides done early. Day-before-race baked oatmeal for breakfast, just a bit of packing left and I'm off!

So exciting! Good luck Shari!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Step, what race are you doing tomorrow?  It's not listed in any of the race threads, which is quite unacceptable to me.

<3

Day-before-race baked oatmeal for breakfast

Blueberry peach? 

Good luck tomorrow, and if you are in the mood for post-race pizza, I recommend Papa Del's.

Dave

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning, and kudos to all you morning runners!

I'm taking it easy since it's my first true day off in almost two weeks. I'll do some loops around the neighborhood later if the rain lets up.

Happy Friday and good luck to all who are racing this weekend!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This is the last week of Fiesta San Antonio - http://www.fiesta-sa.org/ .   Today most of the city is shut down for the "Battle Of The Flowers Parade",  which starts at noon, which honors the fallen heroes of The Alamo and celebrates the Battle of San Jacinto, which gave Texas its independence from Mexico.    Today, I am helping with packet pickup for the Fiesta Fandango 2.6 mile run, a fun run that starts tomorrow right before the Fiesta Flambeau Parade, the last parade of Fiesta San Antonio.  The parade starts at  7 p.m. and is the largest night time parade in the US.  We runners run the parade route in front of the THOUSANDS of cheering spectators who are already in place waiting for the parade to start.  Lots of the participants wear costumes and post-run there is beer, soda, water, tacos, grilled hot dogs, sweet treats, etc.,   There is also a pre-race costume contest and when the buses drop us off near the start line, we get a close-up look at the floats that will be in the parade, so very nice.  This event is a very festive occasion.

As usual for this race, since it is a 6:40 pm start, it will be WARM...around 91 degrees at our start time...

If you want to see what the Fandango run is like...here is a slide show of photos I took for last year's event.  Even though it is warm it is a very fun event!   Come on down some year and enjoy doing this one!

Slideshow of 2013 Fiesta Fandango 2.6 Mile Run: http://s166.photobucket.com/user/scottydog69/slideshow/Fandango%202013?sort=2

Well, I am off in a bit for my upper G.I. appointment, and then after that will get a haircut, and then off to packet pickup.  Tomorrow morning I have a race in the a.m. at San Antonio SeaWorld and then the Fandango Run in the evening.  I should sleep well tomorrow night!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No run for me today, in fact no run this weekend Sad I am going to try and give my ankles a few days of rest and icing, hopefully it helps. I'll also be rolling my calves, they've been sore.....  Just to warn everyone, I might be bitching and whining over the next few days and even more so next week if I have to take longer off.

I can't even bike to make up for no running, because the ankles are still be worked when cycling as they are in walking and hiking. Can anyone tell me if inline skating is a good solution? Or does it work the ankles the same as biking and stuff, I just want to be able to do an activity that I can involve my son with right now.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Drew, don't we live on an island?  I mean not technically I know but...  

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on getting your miles in early, LRB.  You know, if you move to Texas, we can go run at 4:30 in the morning during summer, to avoid the heat of the day.  That's what time I am usually out there by in the summer mornings.  Usually in summer here, it's already in the 70s by 4:30 a.m.

Sorry about the last day of vacation, DaveP.  From your previous posts, sounds like you enjoyed yourself.  Always hard, though, getting back to the grind and playing 'catch-up' when you get back to work.   Good luck!

Safe trip, Step, and good luck with the race!

Andrew, I would love to live on an island!  If  we ever win the lottery, me and Gail are moving to Hawaii for forever!   Good luck with the 19 tomorrow!

Congrats on your miles in the early a.m., Lily, and glad you are feeling better!  Safe drive to Toronto!  Will you get to see Mayor Rob while you're there? 

Enjoy that day off, Hobbit!

Bitch and whine away, FreeSoul.  I may join you!  As if my stomach issues are not enough, now my right knee is starting to act 'wanky."  If I end up having to get another synvisc injection for the arthritis in it, I will have to take 2 weeks off myself, maybe a bit longer.   Sucks.  I dunno about inline skating.  Gail does it and she says it is pretty hard on the quads and glutes until they get used to the motion...and on the ankles too, because you are 'rolling" them a bit when you turn and twist and put your foot down to roll.    Since I am one lousy skater - I stop by running into a tree or bush, lol - I have no advice for you.  Good luck.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt