Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies Runners Drive Thru to Their Goals! (Read 34 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Happy July 24th!   Today is "National Tequila Day" and "National Drive-Thru Day"

drive-thru cartoons, drive-thru cartoon, drive-thru picture, drive-thru pictures, drive-thru image, drive-thru images, drive-thru illustration, drive-thru illustrations

drive-thru cartoons, drive-thru cartoon, drive-thru picture, drive-thru pictures, drive-thru image, drive-thru images, drive-thru illustration, drive-thru illustrations

tequila cartoons, tequila cartoon, tequila picture, tequila pictures, tequila image, tequila images, tequila illustration, tequila illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What the heck?  Are all the early-bird dailies folks still sleeping or are they already out running!

Non-running day for me today.  Another 100 degree day in San Antonio!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I was just getting my allergy shot.  5 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Good morning, Chuckles and Chicklets!  I've got nothing to report this morning.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Damaris, did you stick your arm into the right slot?

Phil, nothing to report? 

delicate flower

Phil, nothing to report? 

Hmmm....well, I had PT yesterday.  That went fine.  I'm planning a nice easy run after work in what looks like some run-friendly weather finally.  Ehhhh...I have a 10:00 meeting this morning to discuss taxes and banking.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, all! Wonderfully cool this morning - only 56* - with a beautiful moon overhead. And I felt better today. Just 5.6 miles at a slow, easy pace, but my body felt much more normal than it did yesterday morning.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Pinktastic

Happy Wednesday, Friends!!

It’s only Wednesday, but I’m very tired this morning!   Good thing that we’re having cake for a co-workers birthday later today!!   J   Mmmmm……  Cake!!

Scotty – Thanks for the laughs this morning!!  What are you going to do with your free, non-running time today?   More weights?

Damaris – Hope the allergy shot site doesn’t swell!!  Have a great run later!

Phil – Congrats on getting another PT session out of the way!   Enjoy your run after work.   Perhaps cake would help with your 10:00 meeting…..

Shari – That sounds like lovely weather for you this morning!!   Color me jealous!!  I’m glad that your run went so much better today!!

AFM – 40 minute dog walk followed by 3.78 miles solo.    It was sticky, icky out there today, and I’m definitely ready for better weather!!   No chance of that, but I can still wish for it…..

Have a Pinklightful day!!!    And, may your next run help you to visualize smashing your next running goal!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

So far, it's the size of a nickel but I'm famous for swelling hours afterwards (when they ask me whether it was as big as a dollar coin, I exclaim, well, three times that and they flip!)  But, so far, so good, even though we increased the level again.

Sarah, glad to see you back at it.

Hubby's shin hurt after the run so he is taking some more days off.  Bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RSX

Morning all. Day 3 no running after tweaking my heel somehow. Hopefully back out tomorrow

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A cool 6 miles this morning, 66 degrees with 78% humidity and dew point at 58 so it felt great. The only complaint was my hunger pains and sore calves, other than that a great run and tonight we're going to go to the 4H Fair, can't wait! The last few years have been miserably hot all week during the 4H Fair so I am taking advantage of this one.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Cross training (weights) today and my body will be much thankful.  Lots of heat, humidity and wind the last few days.  Sweating like a pig with mixed levels of relief leaving me friggin exhausted lately.

Back to the pavement tomorrow.

Randy

Zelanie

Morning!  My SIL got her US citizenship yesterday, and I was just about to go out for my run when I heard that they were out celebrating.  So rather then feel like running was preventing me from going to family events like this, I ran to where they were, hung out for a bit, then ran home, for just over 7 total.  Hopefully they didn't mind me being too gross and sweaty! Wink  It was a warm enough day that I figured I wouldn't be the only one.

Scotty- Stay cool!  Maybe hit the drive through and then have some vanilla ice cream with a shot of tequila?

D- Hoping the swelling is down enough for you to run later!  And sending healing mojo to hubby!

Phil- Sounds like a thrilling day.  But better than a 4:30 PM meeting to discuss taxes and banking.  Hope the run goes well later.

Shari- Sounds like a lovely run!

Sarah- Good job getting out there in the sticky, ickiness!

RSX- Heal up!

FreeSoul- Enjoy the fair!

Redrum- Hope the day off today does the trick!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Happy birthday Wonder Woman aka Lynda Carter.  She's 62 today.  EEK!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie