Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES and got no plans! (Read 42 times)

delicate flower

This is the dailies thread and you know the drill.

<3

delicate flower

Good morning and WAKE UP!  Slept almost 10 hours last night.  I needed that.  Smile  Wife and I have no plans all weekend.  Whatever shall we do!  Maybe a run later...probably some shopping and chores.

Red Sox are on at 8:00 and I expect you all to be tuned it.

Have a great Saturday!

<3

LRB

Can somebody coffee me please?

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! I might go for a run today, or might put it off until tomorrow. It depends on the weather.

I think today the DD and I are going to do some shopping - buy some dog treats and stuff like that. Get out of DW's hair for a while.

Have a great day. Smile

- Andrew

Hip Redux

LRB coming right up!  *tosses a K-cup to Michigan*

I slept until 8:30 this morning.   The last few weekends have been crazy so this weekend I am also in the NO PLANS category.   All my exercise gear is all over the spare bedroom so I need to sort and organize and I am also doing a fall purge of t-shirts and whatnot.   First World Problems - I got too much "stuff".

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning dailies.

Yard work for me today.  Long run planned for Sunday morning.  3 weeks until Savannah RnR HM for me.

Running for TJ because he can't.

I've got my Keurig warmed up, LRB.  What kind would you like?

Last night's run (first the trail 5k course for tomorrow, followed by the point to point road 5k course for next weekend from the same starting point, plus another mile or so back to the parking lot) ended up at 7.6 miles.  Longest I've done in a few weeks - been having trouble finding a full two hours for a long run.

Tomorrow's trail race: First two miles pretty flat, and then straight up and down a big hill.  Basically 100 feet up in 2 tenths, a little circle around the top and down the other side in another .2.  Last 1/2 mile is pretty flat again.  Did it in about 44 minutes last night, so I'm thinking 40 is a good target.  Should be a fun one - I run a lot in this park, so I should have an advantage on that hill.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am going to try 12 with 4 @ MP tonight to see how I'm feeling.

Got an answer from the doctor as to what happened during Chicago, and (1) I'm glad the answer had nothing to do with muscles and running; (2) what happened is so painful I don't know how I did 11 miles of the race; and (3) the pain should go away little by little.  If you ask more questions, be prepared for the answer, ha.

Baboon, no plans for you?  Wait, what?

LRB, no coffee in this house, unless you like vanilla or mocha lattes, iced.

Andrew, enjoy the time with DD.

Oski, I have too much stuff and I am planning on organizing the other drawers so I can fold them somewhere too!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Robert, enjoy the 3.

Granite, sounds like fun.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning,

SRD for me, 4 Bridges Half tomorrow in downtown, Chattanooga. Leg is feeling pretty good.

EPB is here installing my new fiber TV service. He's doing a great job - very professional and neat.  I'm using my tethering feature on the phone right now to access the interwebs. Seems to be working fairly well.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

LRB, here's some coffee for you. Half Vienna roast de-caff half Starbucks Medium House Blend, with just a dash of Ethiopian Harrar and a dash of cinnamon.  Good stuff.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1. Now puppy pool

Marjorie

LRB

LRB coming right up!  *tosses a K-cup to Michigan*

CLUNK!  Hits my dog in the head and kills him.

Thanks for the java peeps!

Hmm, one website and my phone show one time, other websites and my TV show another, an hour difference between them.  What's up with dat?

outoftheblue

Good morning!  SRD for me, a 5K tomorrow.  Should be interesting considering that I have done no real speed work in 6 months.

Off to Costco and then a nice dog walk.

Life is good.

StepbyStep-SH

Just under 15 miles for me this morning, half of it with a big group. I'm sure we were quite the sight - about 10 people with a variety of headlamps, reflective gearing, blinkie lights and more, taking up half the street in the dark. As it got light, we were in a beautiful rural valley with fantastic views of trees on the bluffs.

Came home to a big cup of Ghiradelli Hot Cocoa - mocha flavored - yum! Hot beverage hit the spot, as it was 37*, feels like 34*, and I went out in a running skirt again. Everyone else in group had on capris or tights, except for one guy with shorts and calf sleeves. Made me feel hard core. Smile

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.