Beginners and Beyond

Camels and Penguins Hump-Day Wednesday (Read 17 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"I'm cooler than you....." 

II

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Forward!  On to your adventures today!

Stopped yesterday on the way home from work at a local park and got in a nice run/walk in on paved trails and off-road trails.  Weather was sweeeet.....80 degrees, humidity in the 30 percentile range, really low dew-point.   Park was nice and quiet as the San Antonio Spurs basketball season started last night, game start time about 7 pm., so lots of folks going down there.    Today, plan on doing a route around the university campus after work, maybe throw in some hills.  Weather will be about the same as yesterday.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Scotty where do you find these pictures? :-)   The trails in San Antonio sound wonderful.

Today will probably be running to from yoga.  So 4.8 miles running + 1 hour of yoga.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Morning. 6 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning. 6 and weights tonight.

How did your run go yesterday?  Hope your lungs behaved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty where do you find these pictures? :-)   The trails in San Antonio sound wonderful.

Today will probably be running to from yoga.  So 4.8 miles running + 1 hour of yoga.

I just do an 'images' search and they come up....nothing to it, really.

I would definitely be running FROM yoga....my old body 'no stretchie' like that for those poses.    Gail thinks it's funny, watching me try and do yoga, cuz I always fall over...the Aflac duck is better at it than me, lol.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

sapf & Damaris, those both sound like great combos, enjoy.

Scotty, I agree with sapf, your trail runs always sound fantastic.  I'd move to SA if it weren't for the weather. Smile  Heck, I'd move to SA just to dine at Fonda San Miguel. Smile

AFM - headed out for 5 as soon as it's light.  Then off to jury duty. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning Penguins!

sapf & Damaris, those both sound like great combos, enjoy.

Scotty, I agree with sapf, your trail runs always sound fantastic.  I'd move to SA if it weren't for the weather. Smile  Heck, I'd move to SA just to dine at Fonda San Miguel. Smile

AFM - headed out for 5 as soon as it's light.  Then off to jury duty. 

Brilliant, you are welcome to visit anytime.  Come down for a week or so and I'll host you for some running in several of the local parks and on the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Southwest Airlines is really big here and they actually have some pretty cheap  direct flights to-and-from San Antonio from several cities in the US.

Any of you Penguins are welcome any time.  And if you don't mind cats and being 'squeezed in'  a bit, we have a small (VERY small..the dang bed takes up most of the room) guest-room you're welcome to.  It's not exactly "luxury"....but it's free!

Brilliant

Thanks, Scotty!  I'll let you know if I'm ever in that area.  You know we're from Texas (Hook 'em!) and have family all over the state - from Deer Park to Austin to Sherman to Marfa!  When we visit we don't usually get down San Antonio way, except the time a few years ago when we took the kids on their Texas heritage tour.  They were both born in TX but consider themselves Californians as that's pretty much all they remember. Sad

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Scott, Docket, sapf, and Brilliant.

Scotty, I'm still thinking if a Horns/Cyclone game in 2016.  How far from SA to Austin?

afu, 4 this afternoon.  Next week...Cancun !!!

hog4life

We had a rain front come through early this morning and the temps are dropping quickly. The high for Sat is supposed to be 60, with the low near 35. Sounds about perfect for my 10k. I hope to squeeze in 6 or so after work.

Anyone hear from Cherie? I haven't seen her post in a while.

tracilynn

I really need to run today. It's cold and rainy which is my favorite time to run but I've got the lazies right now and 157 things on my to do list but I will do it. (Maybe) :-)

CANCUN??!?!  Lucky!!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Yesterday afternoon as I was leaving work, I told a colleague, "Hey, we made it through another Monday!"  I guess if I'm a day behind, Friday will be a pleasant surprise?  Maybe quartet practice tonight, although our bass is sick, so maybe not.  

Scotty -- Woo-hoo for the Spurs!!  Timmy D is a Wake Forest grad, so I like to see them do well.

sapf -- that sounds like an awesome workout!!  My hips were a little tight on my walk yesterday (probably from the clamshells I've been doing), so maybe I should think about yoga too.  Not do any, just think about it!  

Docket -- have a good 6 and weights!!

Brilliant -- have a good 5, and be just!!

Jerryb -- have a good 4, and woo-hoo for Cancun!!

hog -- I think the high here on Saturday is 50, yikes!!  Luckily I convinced DH to take the window AC out of the bedroom window yesterday, so maybe it won't be too breezy.

Cherie has posted 2014 in 2014 miles, but hasn't said anything in the FB group.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

traci -- usually the longer my list, the lazier I am!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Traci: How tall are you? You look tall in the pictures. Of course hog and Robert could be short and that makes you look tall. Smile

Jerry: I hear there is some decent beer in Cancun. Be sure to enjoy some.

I have some easy miles on tap for later today. Maybe 35 minutes of running.  PAD and I (and maybe DW) are meeting for dinner tomorrow evening. FE #3 for me. Speaking of She Can, I don't think she has been running much so may not want to post because of it. She might just be taking some time off.

See ya.