Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES, It's Monday Morning, Get Up Offa That Thing! (Read 44 times)

Where is everyone?

I slept in. After work, I'll go to the gym and do either weights and an hour of cardio or thirteen miles.

I just did push-ups and abs, so something active stared my day.

Mmmmm...beer

Goooooooooooood morning!

Hey Basya, hope you have a great workout/run later!

I think I'm starting to like this whole speed work thing, watch out. Smile  Today was General Aerobic w/speed, 8 miles w/ 10x100m strides (@ around 6 flat).  Great run.  I've done strides before, but only 3 or 4 as part of my shakeout run the day before a race, and I do those with plenty of rest in between.  This is the first time I've strung a bunch together, and with only 100-200m rest between strides, it felt great!

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

You mean where was I?  After sleeping like a grumpy Dave all night my brain finally took a break around 5:00 and I got about an hours worth to go along with the five I got before my eyeball popped open at 1:27 and here I am.

Monday is a no run day but I do have an hour of red cord at 1:00. First things first though, coffee....

delicate flower

Good morning and Happy Monday!  I am in Zombie Mode this morning, but still basking in the glow of an awesome race day yesterday.  My glutes hurt, which I suspect is due to pedaling the bike hard yesterday, which is something I have not done a lot of this year.  Anyway, I've got an easy run planned later today, something in the 5-8 mile range depending on how I feel.  Today I officially start prepping for the Philadelphia Marathon.  werd

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Still a bit sick but I am heading to the office and Pilates after work.  No running until the asthma congestion is gone.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Good morning!

10 easy miles this afternoon, before an evening out with friends. I'm thinking duck, or lobster... mmm.... Last week of work for me before my three week vacation. It will come at a perfect time for me, just as the miles will start increasing.

Happy Monday, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Morning all.

sleeping like a grumpy Dave 

6 easy miles this morning. Not much else to report.

Planning 600m repeats tomorrow, my big decision will be whether to set my Garmin for 0.35 miles (560m) or 0.4 miles (640m). Or just try to follow the track markings. #firstworldproblems.

Have a good one.

Dave

LRB

I've been GD'd.  lol

For 600 meters I set my Garmin at 0.37 and use this cool site here.

I am off to work, peace!

StepbyStep-SH

I'll get in 8 miles with 10x100 strides or some combination of strides and hill sprints at some point today. Waiting now for DS to wake up - he was up for an hour or more in the middle of the night again. I had hoped that a solid 3 hours in the pool yesterday would have worn him out enough to make him sleep through. Sad  If this happens again, I'll start waking him up at the normal time anyway, just to try to force his body back on schedule.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Step, summer vacation destroys all good sleeping patterns in our children. My DS goes to bed at 4 a.m. and wakes up at 2 p.m.  He reads or plays games online. And about three times a week, he climbs on my TM for a 7 mile run, at 1 a.m... Then he goes directly to bed without a shower. Boys are disgusting... 

Dave, excellent eight with strides.

Rick, have a great red-cord session.

Phil, have an excellent easy run.

Damaris, I hope that you have a pleasant day and that Pilates goes well.

Lily, enjoy your ten. And your vacation.

DaveP MI, sweet six this morning.

Shari, enjoy your eight-miler. I hope that DS's sleep disruption ends soon.

FML. My weekly staff meeting has been rescheduled from Wednesday to tomorrow for this week. That, pretty much, forces my 13.0 to today, unless I decide to forgo a decent night's sleep; then, all bets are off. Ugh. In order to get through it, I'll have to a) take a GU every forty-five minutes or so and b) dial the pace back to 10:20 or so.

happylily

I've been GD'd.  lol

For 600 meters I set my Garmin at 0.37 and use this cool site here.

I am off to work, peace!

You are 13 weeks away from your marathon. When will you start doing LRs? Do you even plan on doing any? Will you be topping at 16? This plan I'm doing has a lot of 16 milers (but also a few 18 and 20). I feel like I'm not really getting any benefits from them, as they are almost the same length as the Pfitz mid-week med-long runs I used to do on top of my Sundays LRs. Hopefully the lack of really long LRs will help me gain some much needed speed in this training cycle.

One of my nieces will start kindergarten this fall. There was a boy in her preschool whom she adored. Not too long ago, she told me that they were done. Stifling laughter, I managed to ask her what happened. "Well, Auntie, I was thinking.." (At this point I hit mute and cracked up. But, because she's *my* niece, it got better.) "I've known him for two years. He hasn't changed. I'm afraid that he'll never grow up."

I still don't have the heart to tell her that not much will change over the next fifty years.

Docket_Rocket

You are 13 weeks away from your marathon. When will you start doing LRs? Do you even plan on doing any? Will you be topping at 16? This plan I'm doing has a lot of 16 milers (but also a few 18 and 20). I feel like I'm not really getting any benefits from them, as they are almost the same length as the Pfitz mid-week med-long runs I used to do on top of my Sundays LRs. Hopefully the lack of really long LRs will help me gain some much needed speed in this training cycle.

That's what intrigued me about Hanson and why I wanted to try it this time around.  I don't think you need 18-20 milers if your base is strong most of the weeks.

I feel I can sleep on my desk until 4:30pm.  I should have just stayed home!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

One of my nieces will start kindergarten this fall. There was a boy in her preschool whom she adored. Not too long ago, she told me that they were done. Stifling laughter, I managed to ask her what happened. "Well, Auntie, I was thinking.." (At this point I hit mute and cracked up. But, because she's *my* niece, it got better.) "I've known him for two years. He hasn't changed. I'm afraid that he'll never grow up."

I still don't have the heart to tell her that not much will change over the next fifty years.

That.Is.Hilarious!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.