Beginners and Beyond

Question on running (Read 80 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

So is it head cold run, chest cold don't run. Or chest cold run, head cold don't run. I will patiently wait before I decide to run or not run.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Symptoms above the neck, run but easier than normal; symptoms below the neck, do not run.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Thanks!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Just B.S.

I have a head cold with bad sore throat. Cant talk which I think hubby is enoying.

I will ride my bike 60 minutes today and then rest in the hopes of getting at least some of

Tomorrows planned 12 miles.

In the chest I do total rest.

Love the Half

I recently raced a 5K with stuff in my chest.  Bad idea.  It knocked me on my ass for several days afterward and I'm fortunate I didn't end up with pneumonia.  I've had great runs when all I have is the sniffles and actually feel better while on the run.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

I've ran with a head cold before, and like LTH I felt better with the fresh air! Once it moves into my chest i think it is my body saying slow down! I've never ran with a fever either!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

LRB

I guess for me it depends; I have run easy with above and below the head symptoms and did just fine.  Sometimes the internal heat generated from physical activity breaks things up.

I raced with a fever once and totally sucked ass so there is that.

I am one of those people who do better by remaining active if at all possible when sick, as opposed to relaxing.  If I do pass on a run or workout however, then it most likely means I am sick as a dog.

Running while sick allows you to produce some spectacular snot rockets and loogies.

Will run for scenery.

Head cold : run on the street.

Lower GI issues : run on the trail.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!