Beginners and Beyond

Love is in my world since SATURDAILIES (Read 222 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

5 miles done, easy pace of 9:26 including a couple of significant hills. A good run. Last mile was hard, wanted to quit but didn't.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Pinktastic

I've been completely sidelined with the flu since the 3rd.  However, I'm feeling better i got out and ran 8.26 this morning.  That's only about half of what I originally planned for today, but considering the flu's impact, I was happy with it.   It was in the low 60s with thick, heavy humidity - the concrete was even sweating.

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

YAYpril - B-Plus

So, this happened...

Thank you for your registering for the Via Marathon.

You will receive an email confirmation shortly.

The LVHN Via Marathon raises funds for Via of the Lehigh Valley’s programs for children and adults with disabilities.

We appreciate your generosity and good luck.

Pinktastic

So, this happened...

Thank you for your registering for the Via Marathon.

You will receive an email confirmation shortly.

The LVHN Via Marathon raises funds for Via of the Lehigh Valley’s programs for children and adults with disabilities.

We appreciate your generosity and good luck.

Awesome!  When is it?

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Awesome!  When is it?

September 8. Yay for 20-milers in August?!

It's my first marathon and it's very local. It was my first half in 2011.

Just B.S.

Congrats April!!!

Stick a fork in me I am done.

Up at 6am, in the pool by 7:15, did 1000 meters and then headed out to another city 1.5 hours away to pick

up some items we had ordered, lunch, more shopping, back home, walked the dog 2 miles.

Got back from the walk about 45 minutes ago. Now I am ready to do nothing for the rest of the night.

Oh, new goodies included, new running shoes, orange skirt from runningskirts.com, pink arm warmers,

long Fila running tights with neon green stitching, running shoes for hubby and a new head lamp.....plus

some other boring stuff for the house.Smile

Long run tomorrow.  15 miles planned.

Chairman

Did 15 and it was just like Trebek's mother likes it

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Hi guys!

Kristin- I don't know how someone who tells you to stop exercising can call himself a doctor.  Sheesh.

Damaris- Sounds like a fun race!  : )

So, since my DH is away right now, I hauled all the kids 10 miles over to my parents' house so they could watch them while I went for a run. Made it 2.5 before the ITB started acting up, called it quits completely and walked back to their house after 3 miles.  Would really like to track down a treamill.  The Craigslist guy never e-mailed me back.  I'm sorry to be so whiny.  I just feel like I'm jumping hurdles just to get a run in these days, and when I do my body falls apart and I have to haul my sorry butt back home.  My first year of running went so great.  My second year of running is not off to a very glorious start.  : p

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I decided to try a short run. Mile and a half on a flat jogging path. Knee pain is back full force. Can barely walk. So sad Sad. I guess I need to drop out of my race in 2 weeks and take more time off.....

This is so frustrating. I thought 5 days with no pain while walreligious be enough.....

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Chairman

Good work. Looks very proper.

Chairman

Hi guys!

Kristin- I don't know how someone who tells you to stop exercising can call himself a doctor.  Sheesh.

Damaris- Sounds like a fun race!  : )

So, since my DH is away right now, I hauled all the kids 10 miles over to my parents' house so they could watch them while I went for a run. Made it 2.5 before the ITB started acting up, called it quits completely and walked back to their house after 3 miles.  Would really like to track down a treamill.  The Craigslist guy never e-mailed me back.  I'm sorry to be so whiny.  I just feel like I'm jumping hurdles just to get a run in these days, and when I do my body falls apart and I have to haul my sorry butt back home.  My first year of running went so great.  My second year of running is not off to a very glorious start.  : p

Hang in there, Kristin. You never know when you are close to turning a corner. It won't be bad forever.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kristin79 I'm sorry you had a bad run with IT band issues Sad I'm frustrated and whiny for the same reason and I didn't have to pack up any kids and drive 10 miles to get someone to watch them just to go on my terrible run. If I had to add that on I'd be beside myself, so please whine away. Apparently people named Kristin have bad IT bands Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hang in there, Kristin. You never know when you are close to turning a corner. It won't be bad forever.

Thanks, Scrape.  I keep trying to tell myself that it's just a bump in the road.  I guess what gets me down the most is that I keep wanting to plan for some races but I don't know when I'll be able to train.  And that instead of building up this winter, I've regressed.  Hopefully, though, I've got many years of running ahead of me, so I just need to look at this as the short term problem that it is.  And I need to find a treadmill!  lol  DH has more travel coming up, which puts a kink in my running life.  Also, if I have to cut a run short, I'd rather just step off a machine than walk a couple of miles home!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Kristin79 I'm sorry you had a bad run with IT band issues Sad I'm frustrated and whiny for the same reason and I didn't have to pack up any kids and drive 10 miles to get someone to watch them just to go on my terrible run. If I had to add that on I'd be beside myself, so please whine away. Apparently people named Kristin have bad IT bands Sad

lol, what were our mothers thinking!!  I wonder if we'd have the same issue if they'd spelled it with an "e"...  ; )  At least we can commiserate with each other!  : )

Ghettopops

LBR nice work, glad to see you back at it.

Heidi hope you enjoyed the recovery run.

Kristen sorry about the bad run. Hope you heal up.

Bab enjoy the football, cooking ribs here while watching football and bball.

Hopefully gonna get a easy 6 in during halftime.