Beginners and Beyond

What's with non-runner's hate for leggings/yoga pants? (Read 100 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I notice it a lot on FB, and the majority who are putting down leggings, tights and yoga pants are usually overweight, heavy set women, but most definitely non-runners. Anybody else notice this?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I have not seen anyone putting down leggings or yoga pants. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hmm... maybe it's just the overweight chick on my FB page and her overweight friends. 106.1 KISS FM posted something on FB about it and all the comments talk about how only if they're wearing a long enough shirt to cover the ass, or they don't want to see a camel toe  my only thought to that is "jealous much". I've never heard a guy complain though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

I have not seen any men putting down leggings or yoga pants. 

This for sure.

Dave

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Quick story about yoga pants.

I worked the lacrosse table at this weeks homecoming carnival at my 16 yr olds high school this past Saturday.  Now mind you I have not been around HS students in over 30 years (yes I am a creepy old man) and this is my oldest boy.  So first time being around the kids in their environment.

Well just about every girl/female had black leggings or yoga pants on.  None were really trying to flaunt things, or be overt sexual, risqué or flashy.  It was just the common pant of choice.  I remarked to my wife however, that in the perhaps 50 or so leggings that passed by me that day, I did not see one set of panty lines, not one.  And as a male, I approve of that message.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

lol, that is good.

PRs

Quick story about yoga pants.

I worked the lacrosse table at this weeks homecoming carnival at my 16 yr olds high school this past Saturday.  Now mind you I have not been around HS students in over 30 years (yes I am a creepy old man) and this is my oldest boy.  So first time being around the kids in their environment.

Well just about every girl/female had black leggings or yoga pants on.  None were really trying to flaunt things, or be overt sexual, risqué or flashy.  It was just the common pant of choice.  I remarked to my wife however, that in the perhaps 50 or so leggings that passed by me that day, I did not see one set of panty lines, not one.  And as a male, I approve of that message.

You told your wife you were looking for panty lines on 16-year-old girls? And her response?

Dave

happylily

Andrea, is this like your comment about the overweight lady at the cinema who was staring at you with hatred because you were getting a soda? 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

You told your wife you were looking for panty lines on 16-year-old girls? And her response?

LOL

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Andrea, is this like your comment about the overweight lady at the cinema who was staring at you with hatred because you were getting a soda? 

I honestly can't remember that............ barely. But nope, I know this chick and she is lazy, fat or heavy set and just a plain obnoxious bitch most of the time. She used to be a rail thin, ill lookin' thing when she was a teen, not the good kind of thin, but she was a total whore with guys. Then she popped out her first child, never tried to lose the weight, and then popped out her second and kept that weight on. She just really aggravates the hell out of me. And there were like 20 comments and ALL were chicks, and not one of them was a compliment.

PRs

Half Crazy K 2.0

I am against them as "business" wear. Camel toe is not workplace appropriate.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am against them as "business" wear. Camel toe is not workplace appropriate.

Maybe I'm just not paying attention because I haven't really noticed a lot of camel toes, I would hope ladies are wearing underwear with these.

PRs

Maybe I'm just not paying attention because I haven't really noticed a lot of camel toes

fourouta5 can help you out with that.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I have a race pic of my own showing the horrific image lol.

PRs

LRB

fourouta5 can help you out with that.

I almost fell down laughing at that!