Beginners and Beyond

CANDY! (dailies fail) (Read 45 times)

delicate flower

I pulled a PADrunner this morning.  So my dailies thread is now a picture of my cat guarding the Halloween candy.  And yes, this cat is an attention hoar.

<3

LRB

Nice save!  Name?  Gender?  INTRODUCE US MAN! 

Cyberic

LOL! A candy thread the day after halloween is a good idea!

delicate flower

Nice save!  Name?  Gender?  INTRODUCE US MAN! 

Cadence.  Female.  11 years old.  Spends all of waking hours following me around the house, staring at me, waiting for me to sit so she can try to be pet.  She is singularly focused on this task.  

<3

LRB

Cadence.  Female.  11 years old.  Spends all of waking hours following me around the house, staring at me, waiting for me to sit so she can try to be pet.  She is singularly focused on this task.  

Awesome!  I knew about the dogs but didn't know you had a cat.

Cyberic

Last evening I was standing outside with an ugly-ass mask playing bass guitar for the Halloweeners. I dialed in the darkest tone I could, very bassy, distorted, echo-ey and was playing the darkest succession of notes I could find on a very slow beat.

Happy kids running from house to house would freeze in their tracks once they saw me. Some didn't want to come and get candy. But my MIL was there giving away candy smiling and saying reassuring words to the kids. Once they got their candy, they'd often stay there and stare at me while their parents were urging them on.

Priceless.

My MIL took some pics, I'll probably post one later on today.

LRB

Last evening I was standing outside with an ugly-ass mask playing bass guitar for the Halloweeners. I dialed in the darkest tone I could, very bassy, distorted, echo-ey and was playing the darkest succession of notes I could find on a very slow beat.

Happy kids running from house to house would freeze in their tracks once they saw me. Some didn't want to come and get candy. But my MIL was there giving away candy smiling and saying reassuring words to the kids. Once they got their candy, they'd often stay there and stare at me while their parents were urging them on.

Priceless.

My MIL took some pics, I'll probably post one later on today.

That is priceless!  The kids on Halloween are so damned cute, I love it.

Docket_Rocket

Cute kitty!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

We had decent turnout considering the weather. Candy allocation nearly perfect - 3 pieces left after the doorbell stopped ringing. Best not to have any leftover. And this was the first year I had no kids trick or treating, so no bags to mooch from either.

And is this the Indy stalking thread, or is that in the dailies? Start time is 8:00, but I can never figure out what time zone Indiana is in.

Dave

LRB

We had decent turnout considering the weather. Candy allocation nearly perfect - 3 pieces left after the doorbell stopped ringing. Best not to have any leftover. And this was the first year I had no kids trick or treating, so no bags to mooch from either.

And is this the Indy stalking thread, or is that in the dailies? Start time is 8:00, but I can never figure out what time zone Indiana is in.

I thought it was 9:00 but I'm sure you have checked, or maybe it's 9:00 our time.  

GinnyinPA

We had 48 kids come to the door.  Since we never know whether there will be 20 or 80, we bought too much, but it usually lasts us a while.  We only have about 20 kids in the immediate neighborhood, but the parents around here drive their kids from door to door, so they manage to cover a lot of territory in two hours.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We had about 20 kids as it was raining, snowing and the wind was blowing 50mph, so we had a ton of leftovers.  Took some M&M's before my run this morning and when we got back DW vaccum seals it all up and freezes it until next year     !!!!!

Zero trick-or-treaters.  They'd be lucky to manage 10 houses up here in BFE in 2-3 hours.

Treat - I ate a few squares of dark chocolate with crystallized ginger.

Trick - Now it's snowing enough to stick.

Docket_Rocket

We had zero trick o treaters as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page