Beginners and Beyond

Could The End Be Near? (Read 854 times)

Antipodean

The situation on the RWBF is ridiculous. What makes some people stay (or at least not come here)? Misguided loyalty? We're not getting any loyalty from Rodale so why stay?

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

runfoolery

Well, it probably will get better soon, and it's easier just to wait for that than make a change.... I just hit my limit though, at least for now

The spam is totally annoying, but to be honest, I really hated the "new look" to the forums anyway.  I wasn't visiting there a whole lot since I tend to hang out on Facebook far more often, but I would go for the 2012 in 2012 and other challenges.  Seems crazy that RW is just letting it all go to hell.

--Tiffany

runfoolery

Ultimately the forum is just a side note to them. It probably is a side note here too, secondary to the running log, but Eric is much more responsive to the forums' needs anyway.

Docket_Rocket

I've always felt this was a personal vendetta, as it started right after L&O got nuked.  It feels so personal rather than just spam.

Anyway, this weekend has been the worse I've ever seen.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I hope the locals don't mind us taking over the recent topics section. I have seen a post about it. Maybe we could post in off the beaten track unless it's strictly running related. Just a thought.

runfoolery

Yeah, or in here. I'm trying to keep my running related stuff in the main forums, and non-running related stuff in here or in the main non running related forum depending on whether it's something directed more to you guys or just the world in general.

Doctor Who is something that should be loved by all, so I put it in the main boards Smile

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Should we start a discussion here to make a plan? Or hope it calms down?

runfoolery

I think the big thing is to direct people to one place at first and then have them read a post or two with suggestions on where/how to post, and then they can do as they please, really. Right now we have like 3-4 active RWOL refugee threads in the main boards, there's really no need for all of them, but I'm not sure of a good way to get everyone oriented in the same place, so to speak.

runfoolery

I've always felt this was a personal vendetta, as it started right after L&O got nuked.  It feels so personal rather than just spam.

Anyway, this weekend has been the worse I've ever seen.

I didn't realize until just now how selective the spam is. The Essential Training forum has no spam, R&R has no spam. You might be right, or the spammers are just too lazy to put their junk in all forums? Odd

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

As I've said in a few places, NRR is completely untouched by spam.

Docket_Rocket

That could be only the amount of posts the BF gets that make it so attractive.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

There are enough discussions about us out there as it is. 

These people are not used to flipping pages as we are. 

There are threads on the first page from September for cripes sake!

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

There are threads on the first page from September for cripes sake!

We'll fix that!

I started a chat thread in off the beaten path to try and combine the various meet & greets in one place.

Jess runs for bacon

Hola.

I don't think mark Remy will handle any facebook posts, he has migrated out of IT and has stated as such before.

Honestly, I didn't mind the redesign too much. The incessant spam is driving me away. I understand it is handled by staff, but every single forum I've been on has volunteers to deal with stuff like that, except RW. Considering how bad it is, I'm really questioning why that's the status quo.