Beginners and Beyond

Singapore Sunday but snowing here, still, Penguins (Read 30 times)

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Good morning!  All good here.  SRD.  My DW and I went to the movies last night to watch "Oz"...  they did a good job.  I enjoyed it.  Parts are pretty intense for little kids.

Damaris - glad you're enjoying California...  I believe you're racing today.  Good luck!

Bin - I'd love too...  I'll put that on my "someday" list.

Bin Running

Vance, if you visit, we shld meet up.  This open to all penguins too. I'm thinking of watching Oz.  Hope I can find some time to do it.

11M for me today. Was a little tempted to sleep in but DS woke me up when I tried to snooze. That's some kind of sign for me. So out the door I go. Taper next week but I'm thinking if a week taper might be better for HM.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Mmmmm...beer

Posting from my phone, which sucks, but wanted to check in real quick.  1:28:10 Smile Full RR to folloiw, now its time to drink some Yuengling!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Good morning Penguins!

Nbug - enjoy the rest

Bin - good luck with your 11!  Sorry you didn't get to sleep in a bit.

AFM: 4 on the TM this morning.  Watching Downton Abbey...I just discovered it yesterday so I have a lot of catching up to do!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

N-Bug: Where are you from? Does it ever stop snowing there?

Bin: Have fun on the 11.

Doc: Good to hear from you.

D2: YES!!! 1:28!!!!

I ran 10 last night in 1:20. The last four were at HM pace. Today, it's more swim meet with younger DD and I hope to get out for an easy run later.

Good luck to the racers.

Bin Running

Liz, I'm actually glad DS woke me up. Else, that run might not happen.

Dave, congrats! That's some speed.

Jack, enjoy the meet and hope you can squeeze in some easy later.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Jack, Vance is in the UP of Michigan I believe. Nice job on the 10. How's the Achilles feeling?

Liz, WTG on the TM miles!

Dave, woohoo, congrats on the 1:28!!

Vance, enjoy the RD.

Bin, nice work on the 11m

I'm about to head off to church. Back to work tonight, so not sure if I'll run today. I need to figure out how to post pics, I tried tinypic last night and ended up too frustrated to continue, today I'll look into photobucket. Then I'll get up a small RR from yesterday's 5k.

Bin Running

Mitch, I post in FB and copy the URL.  What I did is to create a "private" folder if I don't feel the need to share with other non-runner.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Mitch, I post in FB and copy the URL.  What I did is to create a "private" folder if I don't feel the need to share with other non-runner.

Bin, I tried that last night too, but it only put the URL in the post. I did it from computer, then double checked from my phone.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hog: the Achilles acted up a bit but its not bad. It actually went away so I just ran through it. I am still going to cut back on the Tuesday intervals.

Zelanie

Woohoo!  Congratulations to Dave, our fastest penguin!

Today DD wants to go to the gym, plus I need 5.6 miles for the weekly mileage target.  The legs are sore but I will run them recovery-style as long as soreness is the only issue once I get out there.

Vance- Enjoy the RD!

Bin- Glad that you got up for your run!

Doc- Sounds like you have quite a bit of entertainment ahead of you for your TM runs!  We watched part of an early episode but haven't gotten hooked yet.  Maybe it's all for the best as we don't have a lot of time to watch TV.

Jack- Hope the swim meet goes quickly.  For me, being inside with the stuffy chlorine air would be much less pleasant than outside for a track meet.

Mitch- Good luck getting the photos posted!  When you're on the "post" screen, you need to click the image above the posting window, and that's where you type in the URL.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: this one is outside but I have been to an indoor pool.  It can be very bad!!!

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Good morning friends!!

Dave-awesome job!!!

Mitch--I had a HECK of a time posting from tinypic as well so I went to FB and copied the URL and it worked out a lot better for me.

HeyDoc---my friend LOVES downtown abbey, I have yet to watch it or even see it on TV.

Zel-Hope your legs cooperate so you can fit in your miles!

AFM--I just got back from a lousy 2 miles. I dressed tooo warm for this chilly day, I just dind't have it, at least I got a couple in since tomorrow is more snow and ice.

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks so much everyone!  I am wiped out lol  Couldn't be happier tho. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!