Beginners and Beyond

Singapore Sunday but snowing here, still, Penguins (Read 30 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy St. Paddy's Day.  Not sure if running is the correct activity today, but we ran anyway.  4.5 @ 9:40.  Snow tomorrow, but after that we'll do another LR this week.  Hoping for 11 or 12.

So DD still in London meets 2 Irish girls at her hostel and they're having  dinner at a Mexican restaurant, after the St. Paddy's parade ????  i just don't know ???

Have a great day!!!!

hog4life

Well darn, I had a RR written up and when I started trying to load a pic, the whole post disappeared. I guess I'm just not meant to post pics here. Some of you seem it on FB.

Zelanie

Back from my recovery run, and I'm very happy to report that the legs felt great the whole way.  I took the dogs to help me keep my pace honest. Smile  I'm guessing that's one of the advantages of running a (relatively) high mileage plan is that your body learns how to recover fairly quickly.

Jack- Glad you're outside instead of inside for the meet!

Tori- Sorry you had a bad run.  Hope some better weather is headed your way soon!

Jerry- Speedy run today!  Nice!  Maybe DD can have some Guinness for Cinco de Mayo? Big grin

Mitch- Sorry that the RR got eaten.  That can be so frustrating!  I generally write mine in word and then cut and paste, just in case.

Bin Running

Mitch, due to the training from RWOL.. I typed everything on word or wordpad before posting.. haa

For the pic, you need to click on the tree icon and paste the URL..

Maybe you are missing a step somewhere.. What I do is I right click on the FB photos and select copy image location.

The code is normally something that looks like this from FB..

"https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/269376_10151340704633603_850816148_n.jpg"

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

GinnyinPA

D2 - congratulations on the speedy time.

Bin - nice long run.  Were you planning a two week taper?

Mitch - Hope you manage to recreate the RR

Zelanie - glad your recovery run went well.  I can't run with our dog, he stops often and suddenly.

Jerry - sounds like your daughter had  great St. Patricks.  I didn't think they celebrated that much in England.

Jack - hope the swim meet went well.  Nice work getting the run in too.

Tori - sorry about the bad run.

AFM:  we hadn't intended to return home today, but thanks to all day rain, sleet, fog and snow we had no desire to linger and smell the roses.  We dropped off the Blue Ridge Parkway and followed the interstate north instead, reaching home in time to unpack, start laundry and hop on the treadmill.   After sitting in the car for 350 miles, it felt really good to move.  Feels so odd to be back to winter after spending the past month surrounded by spring.

Bin Running

Ginny, 350miles on car is unimaginable for me.. planning for a 2 week taper but I think I might be able to go thru with a week taper..  WIll see how it goes and I need to catch that bunny.. haa

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

First time I've gotten on the forum since yesterday morning....Lots to catch up on! Gonna read through the thread and race reports (so many race reports!) but first I will give a quick update:

After I posted yesterday morning about skipping my run because I was worried about the weird pain in my shin/upper ankle region, my boyfriend and I went shopping. He has just taken up biking, and wanted to get some tech shirts and such, so we went to an outlet center about 40 minutes from his place that has Under Armour, Nike, Adidas, Reebok, and Columbia outlets. I obviously had NO problem accompanying him on this errand, annnnnd ended up buying a lot more than him. I'm pretty sure my spring and summer running wardrobe is MORE than complete now!!!! Then we got back to his place around 4pm. I had been walking around all day and my ankle felt fine. The dog needed to be exercised before we headed into DC for dinner and our concert, so I decided to take her and attempt the recovery paced 2 mile run, and if I felt any pain I would just walk. Got the run done with no problem. With the string of injuries I've had I probably shouldn't have ran with the dog (she does tend to pull, and unpredictably stop to pee on things or try to chase squirrels) but meh, I did and it was fine.

Today I planned to do my 3.5 mile run. I had every intention of doing it. In fact, my boyfriend and I were going to go to the nearby bike path and he was going to do an 8 mile bike ride while I ran. We walked the dog in the morning (I didn't want to take her running again, I love taking her, but it is kind of a lot of work and wanted to be able to concentrate on the run...so we needed to walk her before we could go) and it was a LOT colder than it was forecasted to be. It was kind of yucky out and looked like rain. We went home and laid on the couch for a bit waiting for it to warm up and started watching TV. Cuddled between the dog and the boy it was very warm and comfortable. Suddenly it was hours later, and time to get some food. And then time for me to head back to NYC..... yeahhhh didn't run Sad. I am going to get up early tomorrow and pretend my running week ends on Monday not Sunday. Oops....

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! Congrats to all the racers! Now, time to read through the thread and all the RRs!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Mitch, due to the training from RWOL.. I typed everything on word or wordpad before posting.. haa

For the pic, you need to click on the tree icon and paste the URL..

Maybe you are missing a step somewhere.. What I do is I right click on the FB photos and select copy image location.

The code is normally something that looks like this from FB..

"https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/269376_10151340704633603_850816148_n.jpg"

Bin, I have tried the copy, not the copy image location, so I will try again when I get to my computer. Thank you very much for trying to help me, I ( I mean we), should get it figured out soon.