Beginners and Beyond

Public Service Announcement (Read 232 times)

GC100k

If I even accidentally brush against his bottom in the night, he practically flies out of bed. 

If I get "accidentally" brushed on the bottom by my wife, that is not my reaction. It usually means my night is going to get better. My wife gets "accidentally" brushed against her bottom quite often at night.

Better I Leave

If I get "accidentally" brushed on the bottom by my wife, that is not my reaction. It usually means my night is going to get better.

Damn straight...LOL!

happylily

Damn straight...LOL!

Yeah... that makes more sense to me as well...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

No more marathons

Wondered when you were going to weigh in here. Big grin

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

happylily

Wondered when you were going to weigh in here. Big grin

LOL... I tried hard not to comment on this because, apparently, I'm not allowed anymore.:-) But I figured that I can still agree with someone, right? Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Love the Half

Either you are not as good at nagging as my wife, or I am less stubborn than your husband. Everyone on my wife's side has died of cancer, so she is the sunscreen and colonoscopy nazi. She & all her siblings have been getting colonoscopies since 40. Two of her sisters went in together, like a spa visit. I don't have the family history so have not had one yet, but I guarantee she will make the appointment & drive me there as my 50th birthday present. On the other end of things - her father was a dentist. I never flossed before I met her, but she ultimately nagged me into submission on that one, and now I am religious about it.

Conversely, everyone on my side has died of heart disease. (At least both of us know how we're going to go.) So I am the healthy eating & exercise guy. Unfortunately I have not had the same impact on her habits, apparently I am not as good at nagging or she is more stubborn. Just setting the example does not have any effect; more often I just get told I need to eat a cheeseburger or take a day off from exercising once in a while. (How many of you get that?) She needs to improve both diet & exercise, knows she needs to, knows how to do it. Just does not, because it is not easy. Claims it is easier for me. OK.

Maybe you could mention those statistics I cited in my original post - those who exercise are less likely to develop polyps in the first place, if they do develop polyps they are less likely to develop into advanced polyps, and if they get colon cancer, they are more likely to survive.  Point her to any number of web sites that talk about colon health and most list exercise as the number one thing you can do for your colon.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

Uh yah, there is brushing, but it's somewhere other than my bottom.  But however or whatever works for others by all means, have at it!  Cool

Dr. Cornsitter

And there is a big difference between "brushing" a bum and "chafing" right? We established that sometime ago.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

MrNamtor

For God's sake people, this is a serious post. And you all have to turn it into something tawdry and about sex.

Well done! Please continue.

Singer who runs a smidge

If I get "accidentally" brushed on the bottom by my wife, that is not my reaction. It usually means my night is going to get better. My wife gets "accidentally" brushed against her bottom quite often at night.

Oh good, I was getting worried!!  I love to grab DH's ass and give it a squeeze in passing.  Hopefully if it really freaks him out, he would've said something in the past 11 years!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

Early detection is vital to your health.  Plus 10,000!  But...if you have ANY family history of colon cancer, stomach cancer, etc...DON'T wait until you are 50 to get your colonoscopy.  Get one regularly way before that!  They found mine when I was only 29 years old!   A running friend of mine here in San Antonio, a 'youngster' who is only 28,  just had a resection done for his,  In each of our cases, we had a 'family history' of relatives who have had these types of cancer.   I just went in to get checked 'on a fluke' because my maternal grandfather was dealing with his at the time...and they found mine...luckily, VERY early because I did go in so soon.

So check your family history...and don't wait!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Me too. I have a desk job but I drink TONS of water at work. I'm getting up at least once an hour to purge/refill. Smile

Plus 1.   Also, I set my timer on my computer...so it beeps at me at regular intervals so I get up and stretch and walk around for a while.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I am sitting here this morning scanning the races on the Run Michigan calendar, and came across this event.

This particular quote from the event website epitomizes the spirit of this thread:

"Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in men and women and is one of only two cancers that can actually be prevented through screening."