Beginners and Beyond

Holiday mishaps (Read 82 times)

Hip Redux

My dog peed on my parents' Christmas tree right as we were going to open gifts.  It caused quite the ruckus.  Amusing to me afterwards, though admittedly none of my gifts were directly in the line of fire.

Anyone else got a good hishap from this holiday season?

LRB

lol

Docket_Rocket

Ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Lol that's hilarious.

Not this year but a few Thanksgivings ago my boyfriend and his dog came to my parents for Thanksgiving and the long weekend to follow. They arrived late morning. We were only dating for about 6 weeks at the time and he was meeting my mom and brother for the first time (my dad had met him). My mom was slicing a loaf of rye bread when my BF and the dog arrived. When he went to shake hands with my mom the dog excitedly pulled the leash and caught him by surprise and he dropped it....and the doggie went excitedly tearing through the house, jumped up to the counter, grabbed the rye bread and ran with it. That upset my parents' dog and she got mad and ran after his dog and they had a bit of a tiff. I tried to grab the bread and his dog accidently bit me while trying to snatch the bread back from me. All this before my boyfriend and my mom even got to greet each other for the first time.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Little Blue

Well THAT introduction went well.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Well THAT introduction went well.

Yeah the facepalm icon is well suited for that story lol. We laugh about it now.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

From the Internet.

Hubby got stuck in an unwanted "political" conversation with my middle sister's boyfriend out of absolutely nowhere and my youngest sister got cut off from the vodka early and went to her room to nap with her newly adopted puppy. All in all a successful holiday compared to some of our past years!

My dog peed on my parents' Christmas tree

Anyone else got a good hishap

Pisshap?

Nata2011

Goes to show that dogs are silly animals, my cats would not allow anything like that to happenTongue

I received green nail polish and a can of sprats (sardines? WTH?) in my stocking

Rubybaby43

enabler

We had to run out and buy a new dishwasher on Christmas Eve morning....before hosting my family that night, and hosting DHs the next day.

KLO

more miles = more beer