Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! (Read 36 times)

LRB

'Sup, yo?

I am headed to the gym for some core work then a short trot.

What's on your plate this morning?

Cyberic

Easy 5.

Have a good day

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 5 (I think) tonight and some light cardio.  I am still tired and my calves are like rocks from yesterday's workout so maybe an epsom salt bath is needed tonight.  I cannot wait for the weekend to start (even though I will be drafting a complaint this weekend).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

URD.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

I'll go walk on the indoor track later, either a "walk and talk" with a friend or on my own, plus some core work.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

It is colder than a penguin's ass out there.  Wind chills of -20 today?  That can go right to hell.  My one hour run will be on the treadmill later.

<3

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

LRB

Speaking of 3" inseam shorts -

https://www.nationalrunningcenter.com/product/MENS_FRANK_SHORTER_RUNNER_SHORT/91

$6.49 a pair if you are a club member.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

It is colder than a penguin's ass out there.  Wind chills of -20 today?  That can go right to hell.  My one hour run will be on the treadmill later.

I feel ya, we were almost under 34...  

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was able to run this morning, 6 miles and then 45 minutes of circuit training at the gym!!! Yay!!!!

Details: it was cold, 19 degrees so I was numb from the get go. Finished and realized I should've been at the gym already so I rushed in changing my clothes and getting out the door.

I was able to do 45 minutes of circuits at the gym, Hopefully I'll be sore tomorrow, focused on intensity/quality over quantity/sets this time.

Wide Grip Lat Pull Down - 2 sets x 12 reps x 40 lbs, 2 sets x 12 reps x 50 lbs
                    Standing Tricep Cable Pull Down - 2 sets x 12 reps x 35 lbs, 2 sets x 12 reps x 40 lbs
                    Seated Chest Press - 2 sets x 12 reps x 35 lbs, 2 sets x 12reps x 40 lbs
                    Parallel Grip Lat Pull Down - 3 sets x 12 reps x 50 lbs, 1 set x 12 reps x 55 lbs
                    Rear Delt - 2 sets x 12 reps x 40 lbs, 2 sets x 12 reps x 50 lbs
                    Fly Delt - 1 set x 12 reps x 35 lb, 2 sets x 12 reps x 40 lbs, 1 set x 12 reps x 50 lbs
                    Underhand Seated Cable Row - 4 sets x 12 reps x 40 lbs
                    Seated Row - 3 sets x 12 reps x 45 lbs, 1 set x 12 reps x 50 lbs

I have a 5k race tomorrow morning, so I didn't do any leg work outs and I have a massage tonight but she is going to focus more on just relaxation rather than deep tissue or trigger point. I don't expect any PR's, but I just want to go and have fun and run with other people... haven't done that since November.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Day off today from running and from work.  Doctor appointment  later this morning to begin my annual physical procedures.  Then off to do the grocery shopping; usually Gail does it, but she is at work today, so I told her I would take care of it, that way saves us from having to do it this weekend.  Then will pick up mine and Gail's packets for our 5K tomorrow morning.  So lots of activity for a day off from work.   Our weather is supposed to be really nice...in the 70s tomorrow and about 55 - 60 degrees for our race time start, sweeet.   Then Gail and I have a nice long weekend for our anniversary (Feb 14) and her birthday (Feb 15) as we are both off Monday.

Had a VERY nice run/walk yesterday after work.   Did hills at Fort Sam.  Had planned on just doing about 3 miles; but the weather was SO nice - 72 degrees, dewpoint in the 50s, no wind, sunshine, nice -I was feeling good and just kept going a little farther.  Ended up with 4.3 miles of hillwork done.

Happy Friday The 13th!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That temp, I think even I would be forced to run on a treadmill!  -20 wind chill, dang!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

LRB

Speaking of 3" inseam shorts -

https://www.nationalrunningcenter.com/product/MENS_FRANK_SHORTER_RUNNER_SHORT/91

$6.49 a pair if you are a club member.

Umm, yeah..nobody want so see my fat thighs exposed, lol.   Right now I wear a running short that is about 6" inseam...long, loose, and comfortable..and also protects my fat thighs from rubbing against each other and setting myself on fire when I run... 

Hip Redux

It's %#$& cold out.

The end.

LRB