Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! (Read 38 times)

LRB

Yo!

Not too much of anything going on for me today (no running or strength work) as I will take a full rest day and instead daydream about my VO2 max workout at the track tomorrow.

I have a really busy morning at work today and will look to get through that with my usual zing and perkiness.

So what's up with you, Doc?

From the Internet.

Morning!

Up and working on a presentation for lab meeting at 10:30. Blech. Probably running a couple miles this afternoon.

Cyberic

Nice Tempo yesterday.

1 @ Easy

3 @ Tempo (7:02, 6:50, 6:50)

1 @ Easy

3 @ MP (7:38, 7:23, 7:37)

1/2 @ Easy

Today is TGIF RD

happylily

Well I did not run yesterday and I'm starting to worry. I have skipped half of my runs since NYC. Nothing is wrong physically, it's a mental thing. grrr... I'll be in Merida, Mexico, in two weeks and there is a half there that I would like to do. According to last year's results, I would have a chance at first place AG (out of about 100). But if I can't resume normal training, then I'll have to forget about it.

Hoping that I'll want to run tonight, the number of miles doesn't matter...

Have a great day everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

'Friday!

I am now fully engrossed in weather stalking for next weekend.  Early marathon forecast is partly cloudy, low of 32, high of 45, no wind.  Aka IDEAL CONDITIONS.  *please stay that way...please stay that way...please stay that way...*

Ran 5 miles last night in the dark.  7:55 pace, which was a slightly harder than easy effort.  More of the same on tap after work today.  Still some taper-like feeling in my legs.  I'm running fine, but my legs are achy and fidgety when I go to bed.  Moar taper needed!

<3

LRB

Well I did not run yesterday and I'm starting to worry. I have skipped half of my runs since NYC. Nothing is wrong physically, it's a mental thing. grrr...

It is one of the reasons I release and hold myself harmless from any running obligations in July and again after the fall races, it is more for my mental state than anything.

I understand you are a bit different in that regard but I am pleased that you are not forcing things.  I am sure though that if you did not run again until the week of the race you will go out there and kill it 'cuz that's how you roll.

LRB

I am now fully engrossed in weather stalking for next weekend. 

This is acceptable, carry on.

LRB

Up and working on a presentation for lab meeting at 10:30.

Are you like an expert at something?  We want to know! 

Enjoy the rest day Cy!

You Rang?

I've got six miles this morning in the dark ahead of me, then after work I'm headed to Disneyland to pick up the packets for my wife and I for the Avengers Half Marathon.  I'm getting a race t-shirt, a bib, and the experience of running 13.1 miles.  My wife is getting a cheer squad t-shirt, a wrist band that gains her admission to the VIP tent, and the experience of sitting on her but for three hours and eating doughnuts while I run.  How did I screw this up?

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

delicate flower

Boy, I sure did a lot of treadmill running last November...over half my runs.  I recall battling pains in my hip and abdomen and the treadmill was tolerable.  I'll try like hell to run outdoors as much as possible this winter.  Feeling tapery this morning.

<3

delicate flower

I've got six miles this morning in the dark ahead of me, then after work I'm headed to Disneyland to pick up the packets for my wife and I for the Avengers Half Marathon.  I'm getting a race t-shirt, a bib, and the experience of running 13.1 miles.  My wife is getting a cheer squad t-shirt, a wrist band that gains her admission to the VIP tent, and the experience of sitting on her but for three hours and eating doughnuts while I run.  How did I screw this up?

COOL.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Why are some people such assholes?

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/kenton-county/covington/danger-walks-trails-of-northern-kentuckys-devou-park

Sometimes I think someone is doing it on my trails, but it's more wind and just dead trees falling over on trails. Though I know bikers have made a few "log" jumps and ramp type things on the trails, not really dangerous but you can definitely tell they spent an hour or two on it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Shakeout run is done, 39*, my coldest run so far this year, gonna be colder tomorrow, perfect!!  I was hitting MP by the time I got to the corner of my street, made myself slow down, probably not a good idea to warm up at MP. LOL  Now it's really time to eat all the food!  Also swapping my water for Gatorade for some added carbs throughout the day.  Gonna get cleaned up, get on the road and hit the expo.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Shakeout run is done, 39*, my coldest run so far this year, gonna be colder tomorrow, perfect!!  I was hitting MP by the time I got to the corner of my street, made myself slow down, probably not a good idea to warm up at MP. LOL  Now it's really time to eat all the food!  Also swapping my water for Gatorade for some added carbs throughout the day.  Gonna get cleaned up, get on the road and hit the expo.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good luck tomorrow, D2T2!

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good luck Dave!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)