Beginners and Beyond

Second Cup Sundalies (Read 47 times)

Hip Redux

Smile WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Smile

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Hip Redux

I bought some hazelnut coffee and it's pretty weak (#firstworldproblems) - so I will need to make myself a second cup of the yummy double chocolate coffee.

Last day of vacation.  Sad  I have a birthday party today, so trying to figure out when I want to get my  6 miles in on the rail trail.   I have the windows open right now - can't remember the last time the weather was nice enough for that!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

The question for me isn't should I have a 2nd cup, it's should I have a 2nd pot! Smile

Haven't posted much, but I've had a great week of running!  Heading to the beach today, with some miles later (unless I get attacked by a shark, then probably no running).

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Good morning, everyone!

Oski, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy the birthday party. I hope that you'll be able to do your six.

Dave, enjoy the beach time and running.

One of my two gyms was closed on July 4. The other was open from 8:00 until 2:00. I awoke to late from nap to make it to either for weights. I still did pushups and ab work.

Friday, before work, I made it to the gym, where I did 7.0 TM miles in 1:04:40. Ten minutes at 6.1mph (9:50), followed by eight four-minute cruise intervals at 6.8mph (8:49)/three-minute recoveries back at 6.1mph (9:50). I finished by fartleking.

I'm near my parents', so, in about an hour, I'll head to the local Y and buy a day pass, so that I do my first quality workout of the week: two miles at E pace+5x(5-6minutes at T pace/1 minute rest)+one hour at E pace.

Later, I'll go the gym for weights and cardio.

I'm looking forward to fall. I'd appreciate a serious rollback of the temperature and the humidity.

Dr. Cornsitter

Nine tonight. Hopefully the heat will taper off a bit. Enjoy your runs everyone!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Well I didn't get home til late last night and I just woke up. And it's friggin 85 degrees already. I think I will wait til sunset for my 4-5 miles.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

meaghansketch

Just got back from 15.  Got outside at 5:30, it was already 84 degrees.  Some days there's no such thing as early enough.

LRB

Supp!

Stayed up way past my bed time, I'll take one cup of Veranda Blend, then it's out the doe to run long.  Still got grass to cut too, maybe I'll just keep runnin'....

Jess runs for bacon

Looks like I wasn't the only one out late last night. Trying to wake up then I will be running 6 on the treadmill. Need to figure out what movie to watch on netflix. Suggestions welcome Smile

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  15 miles done with the last 3 as fast as I could.  It felt like doing a 12 mile warmup and racing a 5K.  Strong run in this swamp of 90F and 75DP.

Oski, enjoy the last day of vacation.

D2, nice week of running.  Enjoy the beach.

Basya, enjoy your quality workout later.

Cornsitter, enjoy your 9 tonight (cornsitter is shorter than your screen name, LOL).

Kristin, enjoy your 5-6 miles later.

Meaghan, nice 15.

LRB, passing a cup of Starbucks coffee.

Lilac, enjoy the 6 on the TM.  No suggestions as I'm not sure of what you like.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Oh I forgot today was the farmer's market. Once my phone finishes charging I am biking down the trail and back, then hitting up the market when I am done. Hoping to score some yummies so I can figure out what to cook this week.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Another failed LR. I started at 6 and it still got too much for me. Stomach felt a little off around mile 7 so I cut it short and did 12.75. Boo. Not the 17 I wanted.

I ran into a friend on the towpath and she was just as miserable as me.

Good news is, our DPs are back in the 60s tomorrow. Freaking finally. It's going to feel like heaven out there.

outoftheblue

Well, Hernia Hill Half successfully completed yesterday.   It was a hot and hilly one.   Although it is only 1200 feet of elevation gain, the course sets up so the first 4.5 miles is straight downhill, so all the elevation comes in the last 8.5 miles, with 3 very steep climbs.  Two of the climbs are a repeat loop over "Hernia hill", which is on a sunny, road composed of loose, sliding gravel and the final climb over  Hernia Hill is immediately  before the finish.  Starting temp of 75 degrees and it rose to something around 85 by the end.  The the course is mostly unshaded so it felt very sunny and hot to me.

It's a pretty small race.  For most of the race I was entirely by myself over rural roads.  At one  point a heard a cow bell ringing and for a brief moment looked around to see who had come out to cheer, but then realized that it was a bell on an actual cow.

I ended up 4th of 8 women -- there was 9 at the start, but one dropped out at mile 10.   My final time was 2:20:24, which was 4 minutes faster than last year.   I was happy with that, especially since I didn't feel my legs were 100% recovered from SF and I could give this one my all.

My 70 year old mom, who has been out visiting for the 4th of July holiday, ran the 5K, which featured back-to-back climbs over Hernia Hill.  Her time of 33:44 was good enough for 11th OA out of field of 40.  I was so proud of her.   Interestingly enough the OA winner was a 70 year old man with a time of 22 minutes.    It proves that age is just a number.

Life is good.

BeachRunner3234, have a nice nine-miler.

kristin10185, have a sweet sunset run.

meaghansketch, fantastic fifteen.

Rick, have a great LR.

lilac_jive, have fun doing six on the TM.

Damaris, brava on doing fifteen in soup.

AprilRunner, feel well soon.

outoftheblue, congratulations on your HM!

A bunch of people had the same idea as I. I saw a few people whom I usually see when running along the beach using the treadmills at the Y. So, I had to switch. I did forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer. I have to run after lifting later today. I might have to do another switch. I might have to do seven or eight easy miles today and do the first quality workout of the week tomorrow. I hope that time allows me the luxury of not having to swap runs.

I'd love to have just one day during which there are no surprises:/

Hi dailies:

Oski - coffee and a birthday party and open windows, what a great day already

D^2 - no worries, you're faster than sharks

Basya - fartleking, lol

Beach - have a good 9

Kristin - good plan

Meaghan - yikes, way to "beat the heat" .. sort of

Rick - there should be a roomba-style lawnmower.  It could be controlled by GPS, and it would even be allowed to whine about the course being long.  We have the technology.

lilac - have fun on the mill

D - nice run in the swampy air

April - doh, may the next one go better for you

OOTB - haha, maybe the cow was cheering.  Sounds like a tough but fun race.

I've got the house to myself all week, great to be able to clean stuff up and have it stay that way.  NO WORK today, woot!  Drinking coffee (two cups sound like a perfect idea), then off to LR it.  Maybe throw in some of the biggun' hills.