Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Boston MONDAILY (Read 24 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good luck all Boston runners.  Have a wonderful race.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

2.6 mile walk planned for me after work.  Easy week at work.  Boss is on vacation so I won't have to work to look like I am working.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  5-7 or SRD for me depending on the ankle.

Good luck to our Boston B&Bers.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

4 miles done. I'm off today so ready to watch the Boston coverage. I've got a second cousin running.

Good luck to all the runners.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Happy Monday penguins.  I've got 5 on tap for today, which I plan on taking nice and slow.  I over did it this weekend with picking stuff up and carrying things around and am having a bit of a sciatica flare up (ugh).  I just figured out I could watch the Boston Marathon online here: http://watchlive.baa.org/ which is great because I don't have cable :-)  Have a great day everyone, and good luck to all the Boston runners!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Bin Running

Morning guys.

3M before dinner done. Missing for a few days but have been catching up on forum while you guys sleep. Did a crazy thing and sign up a 10K before my 31May. 2 hrs apart. Should be fun.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

GinnyinPA

Jerry - enjoy your walk.  Is the knee feeling any better?

Damaris - what happened to your ankle?

PAD - good job on the early run.  Enjoy your marathon watching.

sapf - hope your recovery run goes well.  I find that running, to some extent, will help my back issues -- except when it causes them.  Mostly I don't hurt when I run even if I hurt before and after.

Bin - do you plan to race both races?  Or just the first?  Good marathon training, to do 19 miles, I suppose.  Good luck.

AFM:  beautiful sunny 70 degree day today, so I am really looking forward to getting out and running a few miles.  My legs are feeling fine after the race, but I'm planning to take it easy until I figure out whether they are more tired than I think.

The marathon has started.  Good luck to all involved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!!  I'm back from my 3-day weekend, had a good time with DH and my parents!  Now I'm following the Boston Marathon on Twitter.  Oh, and doing a little work here and there!!

Jerryb -- I love those weeks when the boss is gone!!  Though the boss is me, sort of ...

Docket -- I missed it, what's up with your ankle?

PAD -- woo-hoo for your day off and second cousin!!

sapf -- no cable for me either.  Have a good 5!!

Bin -- sounds like crazy fun!!

Ginny -- enjoy your sunny miles!!

Scotty -- I saw the cute kitten pic ... you're totally forgiven!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Very intense training last week.  Higher mileage this week.  Very busy day, yet still trying to track Boston.  Fun!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

I twisted it on Saturday while running with hubby.  It feels oK but it's still taped.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Glad it doesn't seem too serious!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Bin Running

Ginny, no idea actually. Probably slow jog the 10k and race the half. Sound less painful than the other way.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

SheCan

Good morning everyone!  Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend!

Jerry-- hehe, well enjoy that boss free work this week.  Glad you're at least getting out there walking.  How's the knee doing anyway?  Has the shot helped yet?

DR-- Hi, hi!  Ankle?  oh no, what's going on?  Hope you're able to get your run in. (just read your update. Be careful on the ankle.)

PAD-- woohoo @ having a cousin in the race, fun!  Great job on your 5k this past weekend!

Sapf- good luck with the run later.  Yikes @ the sciatica flare up!  Its not something chronic is it?

Bin-- hey daddy!  I wondered if the kids had been keeping you busy.  You're brave Bin to do both those races the same day.  You're sounding a lot like Mitch, but we know you can do it.  You'll probably do good at both races.

Ginny-- really glad your legs are doing well.  That speaks a lot about what great shape you're in.  I hope you enjoy this warm day!

HsM-- glad you had a 3 day weekend.  Ha@ doing a little work here and there.

Awood-- wow, sounds like you're getting some great workout in.  Don't work too hard at that job thing.

I didn't run yesterday, and merely thought about running today, but my hips and calves are feeling tight.  Plus, I'm not training for anything, so it's super nice not to have to stress missing workouts!  Gonna go help a friend load up some of her furniture purchases soon.  Looks like it's going to be a pretty and warmer day here today too.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

She Can - Gotta love nice weather when you can relax.

Our local runner that weny to the same tiny college as me finished in the top 50 men (49th).  2:26:38.  Spartan pride.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013