Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES feels like... (Read 41 times)

LRB

Cyberic

My "taking it easy" week is going well. On top of not doing speed work this week, I took Tuesday off. A last minute meeting at work had me cancell my lunch run, and I then decided it was a good idea not to run that day.

5 easy yesterday, and am planning the same today.

Have a nice day!

Zelanie

Holy cow, LRB, is that even possible?

Eric- Enjoy the cutback.

Holy cow morning comes way too quickly here. I have a training, then 6 planned for  afterwards

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have weights, Pilates, and a run with hubby tonight.

LRB, LOL.  That is, well, weird.

Damaris

From the Internet.

LOL! That's just amazing, I would like to experience that kind of weather in person!

Slightly less sleepy today, but I may cave and have a coffee when I get to work. Bringing running stuff in case I feel like getting in a few miles at the end of the day but most likely will just be a rest day.

StepbyStep-SH

Well, I guess you should try to enjoy the world coming to an end, LRB.

I am planning on 12-15 miles after taking DS to school. We'll see how my time and energy level are in deciding just how far. I also need to decide on a route. I don't feel like running from home, because the narrow, no-shoulders road is even worse when there is a bit of patchy snow on the edges.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Hey there, little buddies!

7 very easy miles before work this morning.  Stepped on some black ice at the turnaround and promptly hit the pavement.  It was a gentle fall that didn't really hurt anything except my pride.  Landed on my right side, paused my Garmin, sat there for a few seconds, then continued on.

Way too many meetings today.  How the hell does anyone get anything done around here?

<3

runninggirl30

Hey everyone!

LRB- enjoy the weather!  Ours was like that last week and the week before we had over 7ft of snow that fell and shut everything down for like 4 days. Buffalo is a fickle place!

Cy- enjoy the easy 5

Zelanie- I'm assuming your training is work related so I hope it's not to boring.  Have a great run later.

Docket- sounds like you have a full schedule today.

Lauren- glad your getting some energy back. Enjoy the coffee and rest day

Step- be careful on your run!

Phil-  OUCH!  Glad you didn't get hurt.

Yesterday was a rest day for me but planning on another 3 today.  Debating on whether or not do our local 5k here in a few weeks.  It's Dec. 20th so the weather is always unpredictable and I don't want to waste the entry fee if the weathers to bad and I don't do it.  Decisions, decisions.  On the other hand I do want to see if I'm getting faster yet, fingers crossed!

LRB

I got 7 done and it felt more like 25 than 52. lol

25 degrees is about the lower limit where I can run in just a long sleeve tech top without a jacket. That is what I did today and barely, just barely broke a sweat.

My legs were a little sluggish coming off of yesterday's red cord session but otherwise it was a decent jog.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Didn't run this morning, Dorian woke up around 3:30 AM and just chattered until 6 AM.... so I'll try for a quick run later this afternoon in the rain.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

12 later. Can't wait to get out of this cold.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Finally, I will get out for some miles this afternoon. The rain is mostly gone and the neighborhood is safe. There is no damage, just a lot mud and debris (sticks and stuff), and everything is drenched. DD has her XC awards banquet tonight, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Bye.

StepbyStep-SH

Well, I guess you should try to enjoy the world coming to an end, LRB.

I am planning on 12-15 miles after taking DS to school. We'll see how my time and energy level are in deciding just how far. I also need to decide on a route. I don't feel like running from home, because the narrow, no-shoulders road is even worse when there is a bit of patchy snow on the edges.

Ha! Fail.  2 miles on a terrible packed snow/ice chunk surface on the bike trail, and then I quit. Too much stuff going on, waiting on phone calls about a psychiatrist appointment for DS (anxiety and negative feelings are through the roof and interfering with school), trying to get new tires for my car, stressed because I'm not getting my work hours in (totally my own fault), need to get Christmas-y stuff done like the shopping for the adopt-a-family items which half to be in next week ... and I have absolutely no Christmas spirit this year.

I will make another attempt at double-digits tomorrow.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me. It is in 60s here

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Heavy weights done.

Damaris