Beginners and Beyond

Do Men Do Yoga? (Read 286 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Do what you need to do to get healthy and stay healthy!! Don't worry about whether or not you seem like a girly-man. If you need to do yoga, do it!!!! Besides, flexibility in dudes can be a good thing, IMO. Don't believe me? Do a Google image search and then use your imagination.

Antipodean

I'll throw this out there: Pilates is pretty cool, too!

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

MrNamtor

if you HAVE to do yoga why wouldn't you join a class that's almost guaranteed to be 80% women? Injuries shminjuries.

xor

Once took a pilates class (not the kind with the big equipment) that used these weird bosu ball-like things.  They looked like pontoons.

It was pontoon pilates.

Wandering Wally

Go to yoga class. Take up a spot in the back row. Maybe you'll make some new friends?

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

@runjerseygirl

Yoga makes me feel bendy.  I like feeling bendy.  Bendy is good.

Do you even run?

Yoga makes me feel bendy.  I like feeling bendy.  Bendy is good.

Hi there.      

B-Plus

I'm too lazy to go now, but I used to go and I felt that it did help me stretch things out even if it hurt like a mofo while doing some of the poses. There were about 40% dudes in my class.

sugnim

I'll ask the muscular dudes in my yoga for runners class next Thursday for you & let you know what they say.

Buelligan

I got no beef with yoga. Some of the stretches l do while watching TV could be mistaken for yoga. I prefer to call it "power stretching."