Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

LRB

Got the MRI today.  I know I'm not an MD, but the dye slipping out of the joint is pretty easy to see with the athrogram and there's a pretty clear tear-looking-thingy on my scans (I got the CD to take with me).

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!

Wow! 

bluerun

Super B****

Got the MRI today.  I know I'm not an MD, but the dye slipping out of the joint is pretty easy to see with the athrogram and there's a pretty clear tear-looking-thingy on my scans (I got the CD to take with me).

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!

Boooooo

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

Oh geez, that completely sucks Sad Sorry to hear Oski.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Ugh, ugh, ugh.  I'm sorry, Oski.    So assuming you're correct, what's the plan now?  Wait this one out to see if it gets worse or just go ahead and fix it?

My MRI is scheduled for Tuesday late morning.

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

Ugh, ugh, ugh.  I'm sorry, Oski.    So assuming you're correct, what's the plan now?  Wait this one out to see if it gets worse or just go ahead and fix it?

My MRI is scheduled for Tuesday late morning.

I'm going to wait - for a couple of reasons.  First is I start  a new job in two weeks and I'm not sure they will be ok with me taking time off for a major surgery.    Second is that the pain really isn't that bad.  I am painfree like 75% of the time, and the other 25% can be managed with ibuprofen and rest at this point.   And I'm not really wanting to jump back into months of rehab anytime soon.

Now, there may be stuff in the MRI that I missed that could change all that, the only part I can recognize is the tear in the labrum.

If you're curious what that looks like, the red arrow is pointing to the tear.   The labrum should be a deep triangle on the left hand side of the joint, and the dye cuts across where the labrum should be in tact (it basically should be symmetrical with the black part on the right hand side):

LRB

Sorry O.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm going to wait - for a couple of reasons.  First is I start  a new job in two weeks and I'm not sure they will be ok with me taking time off for a major surgery.    Second is that the pain really isn't that bad.  I am painfree like 75% of the time, and the other 25% can be managed with ibuprofen and rest at this point.   And I'm not really wanting to jump back into months of rehab anytime soon.

Totally understand.  If I wind up back in PT for this foot thing, I'm just going to laugh.  (I can already see the WTF look on her face too.  I told her I never wanted to see her in a professional setting again back in October.  LOL.)   And congrats on the new job!!!

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

Totally understand.  If I wind up back in PT for this foot thing, I'm just going to laugh.  (I can already see the WTF look on her face too.  I told her I never wanted to see her in a professional setting again back in October.  LOL.)   And congrats on the new job!!!

It's the frequent flyer program you really don't want to be a part of!

How long after the MRI til you see the doc?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It's the frequent flyer program you really don't want to be a part of!

How long after the MRI til you see the doc?

LOL, I know, right?  This will be MRI #3 for me in less than 3 years.  Ridiculous.

I'm not sure.  I hope they'll be able to tell me my results over the phone/via message like last time.

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

So how long after falling should I expect my shoulder to be painful?   I can't lift my arm without pain and it's my right arm and this sucks.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

So how long after falling should I expect my shoulder to be painful?   I can't lift my arm without pain and it's my right arm and this sucks.

Good luck with that... after a fall I had to do 3 months of physical therapy on my shoulder to be able to lift my arm above my head :-(  If it isn't better in a week go see someone about it, and for now take some NSAIDs to reduce the inflammation in the joint.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Cyberic

Damn!

LRB

I think I was out for a week after falling a couple months ago. The impact sends a shockwave through your body, I was sore for days.

happylily

I have a scar on my elbow from my fall this month, after that dog tripped me. I'm pretty proud of it too. Aside from that, I'm healthy and should not be here. Sorry.

Oski, how did it happen?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Oski, how did it happen?

I'm a dumb ass?

(I tripped trail running.)