Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

Hip Redux

Blue - ART?  Graston?  Massage?   All three? lol  Did you get the MRI?

onemile

Sounds like you're recovering well, Mandy!!

Oski, you're getting a lot of crap over with at once, so you won't have to worry about any of it after you're done.  Err... that's the theory, anyway.  Hasn't worked out so well for me in the past.

redrum, psychiatrists are too expensive for people with bodies like mine.  Ah well.  Isn't it liberating to be able to choose how you'll die? 

This is me.  F*** YOU, LEG.

That looks very familiar. Graston?

bluerun

Super B****

Mostly gua sha… would have gotten ASTYM today but my PT didn't want to work over it after what I did to it last night.  Apparently doing this every day is a bad thing.  I say my stupid leg deserves to be punished.

And no, I did not get an MRI.  I got another X-ray.  

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Nice!  

I'd kick my own ass, if I were you!    Ya know....for it hosting a bum leg & all.  

Gonna get back on the hamster wheel here shortly. Hard to get motivated for the runs lately with all the stupid crap. The bike is becoming more & more fun, but every so often I still get a run that feels like floating & I try to focus on that.

Gotta get up for a run w/ Brad/Jack Klompus next month cuz my knee injury botched our rendezvous last year & I'm just about to the point where I don't think I'm gonna ever get back to "invincible" so might as well just run. If I can keep from playing w/ the most awesome little mini-bike pump for my bike that I got in the mail today, maybe I'll post about whether tonight's run was ok or sucked BLUE WHALE! 

Randy

onemile

Mostly gua sha… would have gotten ASTYM today but my PT didn't want to work over it after what I did to it last night.  Apparently doing this every day is a bad thing.  I say my stupid leg deserves to be punished.

Yes, every other day at most.

Hip Redux

And I assume all was normal still?

Docket_Rocket

May 2nd!

Good luck with your surgery!  Sorry you have to go under the knife, but a new you will arise.

Mandy, how is everything going?

Hope all the injured folk get better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I am totally losing motivation to do anything.   What's the point when it'll be at least September before I can resume my 'normal' activities?

And it doesn't help that everyone in my FB feed ran a St. Patty's day 5k this weekend.  Grumpy Oski.

LRB

What's the point when it'll be at least September before I can resume my 'normal' activities?

That's roughly six months.  You could probably gain 15 LBS without really trying if you want to have a put on weight contest with yourself.

Hip Redux

That's roughly six months.  You could probably gain 15 LBS without really trying if you want to have a put on weight contest with yourself.

I'd consider it a win if I come out of this with just 15 extra pounds  lol   I am still eating like I'm running.  At this rate, I might hit 15lbs before surgery.

LRB

Too funny!  It sucks for those having surgery, I cannot even pretend to know what each of you are going through.

All I can say is hopefully at some point it will all be one bad memory...

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'd consider it a win if I come out of this with just 15 extra pounds  lol   I am still eating like I'm running.  At this rate, I might hit 15lbs before surgery.

I hear you.  I really do!  It's a struggle for me right now.  I worked so hard last summer to lose my damn injury weight from LAST winter.  Now I'm desperately just trying to maintain during this inactive period, but honestly I'll consider it a win if I only come away from this gaining 5 pounds or so.  I'm so tired of being injured.

But don't give up before surgery.  Can you bike pain free?  Hopefully April brings biking weather.  I also stopped giving a damn and just ran through the pain, but I probably don't recommend that.

Running is dumb.

Docket_Rocket

I am totally losing motivation to do anything.   What's the point when it'll be at least September before I can resume my 'normal' activities?

And it doesn't help that everyone in my FB feed ran a St. Patty's day 5k this weekend.  Grumpy Oski.

I felt the same way before surgery.  Stay strong!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I hear you.  I really do!  It's a struggle for me right now.  I worked so hard last summer to lose my damn injury weight from LAST winter.  Now I'm desperately just trying to maintain during this inactive period, but honestly I'll consider it a win if I only come away from this gaining 5 pounds or so.  I'm so tired of being injured.

But don't give up before surgery.  Can you bike pain free?  Hopefully April brings biking weather.  I also stopped giving a damn and just ran through the pain, but I probably don't recommend that.

This, Oski.  I biked the heck out of the days before surgery.  Do something to keep you sane rather than some specific challenge or purpose.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

If the weather would cooperate, I could bike!   I'm stuck right now to the indoor spin bike in my living room.  Or the elliptical.   There's only so much of either I can take though, and maybe I'm hitting my limits.   I would be in much better spirits if I could get outside, I think.    I'd go for a walk but I can't do hills without pain and that's all I have around my house.

In other news, I bought a pair of Hokas.  Big grin  They are much kinder to my hip than the Brooks Adrenalines I've been working out in.   Funny, since I stopped running I've been mostly in the Adrenalines and my knee has been KILLING me.   No issues with the Hokas though!  I don't think my knee likes the bigger drop in the Adrenalines, because I had more knee pain in them than when I was running (and my running shoes are all either low drop or zero drop).