Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES: Business in the Front, Party in the Back (Read 208 times)

Luke79

Luke, nice run. You are much kinder about the TM than I.

I still can't fall asleep. I'm getting back up for another hour:/

I don't typically like the dreadmill very much, but I dislike cold weather much more.

Luke79

Took Peanut to the vet, nothing serious thank goodness.  Apparently he got one of his claws caught on something, pulled it askew a bit and got a slight infection in the nail-bed area.  So antibiotics for him for 2 weeks, and the vet trimmed the bad nail way down.  Now he is home sulking in our back bedroom, lol, after being dragged to the vet.

Went and ran after the appointment.  I thought it would have warmed up by noon, but it was still freakin' only THIRTY degrees  actual temp, with a really cold and gusty wind that made the 'feels like' temperature 26.  GAAAACK!  I still wore shorts, though, and I still ran outside, starting from the Lackland gym.  I am glad, however, I packed my thicker gloves and my light pull-down face-mask thingy that converts into a hat if the full facial coverage gets too warm.  I just wore it as a hat and was happy to be wearing it with that wind.  I ended up doing 3.2 miles.  Then after getting back into the gym, I went right into the sauna for a few minutes which felt great after that cold.

Eww.  Don't remind me of running at Lackland.  It wasn't fun and games when I was doing it lol.  My TI used to always say "quit bouncing, you're making me seasick" when I was marching.  Oh the memories.

I'm glad Peanut is okay, poor little stinker Smile

8.3 easy

B-Plus, I'm amazed that you averaged 8:12 over 11.1 miles. Wow!

I did my push-ups and ab work. It went more easily than I expected. Either I'm not as tired as I thought, or I'm too tired to know better.

Fuzzy, nice easy run.

I just checked my plan for tomorrow: only 3.0 tempo miles at 8:45 pace. Because I'll be on the TM, I'll set it to 6.9mph (8:42). I'll have time to do everything, running, push-ups, AND ab work, before work. Yay,

Oops. Double post.

runmomto3boys

B-Plus: What a fantastic 11 miler.  At that pace?  Nicely done!!!

Luke: What a great run for you today!  Woot!

Fuzzy: Nice work on the easy miles today.

Basya: That is a nice little run you have on tap for the AM!  Good luck w/the tempo!

9 mile run including a 4 mile tempo at 6:34 pace (too fast)

B-Plus

Basya - Sometimes I amaze myself as well Clown

RMTB - Thanks. What an amazing run you had! That's more like my tempo pace though. That must have been fun. See, you should try a 10k.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

B-Plus: What a fantastic 11 miler.  At that pace?  Nicely done!!!

Luke: What a great run for you today!  Woot!

Fuzzy: Nice work on the easy miles today.

Basya: That is a nice little run you have on tap for the AM!  Good luck w/the tempo!

9 mile run including a 4 mile tempo at 6:34 pace (too fast)

You did 4 at 6:34? Hot diggity dog! Just think about taking tomorrow easier than you would have if you went a little too hard (if you're looking for unsolicited advice).

Luke...it's interesting to see where we all fall on the treadmill v. cold continuum. I'm at the other end.

B-plus...nice job on your run. I've never done a real 10k cycle, and haven't raced many. I'm actually looking for a late Feb/early March 10k and can't find one within 3hrs...boo.

Fuzzy...nice job on the 8+

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

runmomto3boys

B-Plus: Thanks!  No 10Ks for me.  Girl just wants to run marathons...

SIAR: Oh, I MOST DEFINITELY will be.  I'll be interested to see how trashed I am.  I could've held on for maybe 1 more mile or so.  Too fast.

Better I Leave

WTH?  How do you work out on that?

I was kinda wondering the same thing.

Zelanie

Aargh, decided to take another URD.  Seem to be going around.  But as the day went on whatever's up in my leg started feeling more like an achy knee than a tight hammy.  And while running yesterday didn't seem to make it worse, I would like it to get better.

It's always two steps forward and one step back, isn't it?  I think I'll still walk the dogs tonight, then decide tomorrow whether to run easy or rest again. Sad

runmomto3boys

Zelanie: I'm so sorry.  It sucks when things like this crop up.  I hope you feel better in a day or two.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sorry Zelanie Sad feel better

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

I am not that predictable!

I'm not betting. You were home, you were bored. You ran. That's my guess. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hope you feel better!

Aargh, decided to take another URD.  Seem to be going around.  But as the day went on whatever's up in my leg started feeling more like an achy knee than a tight hammy.  And while running yesterday didn't seem to make it worse, I would like it to get better.

It's always two steps forward and one step back, isn't it?  I think I'll still walk the dogs tonight, then decide tomorrow whether to run easy or rest again. Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page