Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Share Their Lunch! (Read 26 times)

Amazonian Princess

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I can. I will. I am. 

Amazonian Princess

G'morning!

I'm up early to run before work, I think it's a Thursday thing now 

And I'm back on the calorie-counting wagon so I need to live vicariously though others: my lunch today is a green salad, Greek yogurt, and cubed watermelon. What's on your menu?

Have a great day!

I can. I will. I am. 

Zelanie

Morning!  I didn't run last night.  The long days started wearing on me and I went to bed super early.  DH was making fun of me- it was still light out!  This morning I have track club, then this afternoon I have a Dr. appointment.  It was supposed to be for a minor procedure I had scheduled, but I just got something in the mail that says "consult".  Ugh!  We will see.

Baconista- It means I get to go out to lunch!  Still haven't decided where I'm going, but I will update. Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Bacon and Zel and late Pengs.  Good luck with the calorie counting Bacon.  I think those weight loss forums were my first forums.  Have a nice luncheon, Z.

I'm home from the health club and heading over to the O'pedic Surgeon soon.  Then maybe we'll go out for lunch too.

Have a great day/weekend.

tracilynn

Good morning pengs

I ran 3.5 miles yesterday mix of trails and roads.

Today I'm taking my 4 lil kids to our botanical gardens to spend the afternoon.

Bacon- I have been Paleo for almost 4 weeks

now. The first 21 days were with no sugar Although I still haven't added in any sugar.  It's going well! Good luck with your calorie counting.

Zel, enjoy the rest day

jerry, ask your ortho for a bionic knee.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Schedule dictated a rest day yesterday.  Lunch will be whatever my customer wants.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  16 miles done before working from home.  It was so hot even at 6am, sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Philliefan33

Good morning.  RD today, tonight is old lady quilt class.  I'll probably fit in a yoga session before or after.

Baconista -- I am currently back to counting calories so I can drop ~5 lbs that snuck up on me over the past year.  Lunch today is half a PB&J sandwich, cherry tomatoes, and pretzels.  But I will eat more than that over the course of the day, because I am a serial snacker.  I have learned that I do better at sticking to my eating plan if I pack healthy food in correct portions and consume them over the course of the work day.  it keeps me from binge eating out of the vending machine.  In addition to lunch, today I have / had a hard-boiled egg, 1/4 cup almonds, grapes, and an apple.

Eating was easier when I was running 30-35 miles per week 

PADRunner

3 this morning with 6x400. Lunch? Haven't had breakfast yet, but salad & watermelon sounds good to me.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Traci: Great work on the detox. Very impressive...

I did 3x2 mile intervals, 9 miles total, last night. The intervals were at a 7:55 pace. Today is a SRD. Last day of work is tomorrow, and then, finally, spring break. On the injury front, I might return the night splint because I just cannot get used to the stupid thing. I think stretching and taking the extra day of rest is working.

It's almost Friday.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I have chorus rehearsal tonight, hopefully we'll talk a bit more about our scores and such.  Most of the chorus talked them over at contest, but the quartets were singing around during that time, so I missed it.  Wondering about all of the details of scoring and judges' notes!!  Then I'm taking tomorrow off because my folks are coming up for the weekend, so that should be all kinds of fun.  Woo-hoo!!

Bacon -- I'm not a calorie counter, I do Healthy at Every Size and never step on the scale.  But I think I'm having potato soup for lunch!

Zelanie -- sometimes your body needs sleep!!

Jerryb -- good luck at the doc's, let us know how it came out!!

traci -- enjoy the botanical gardens!!

Awood -- hope your rest day was ... restful!!

Docket -- I would so suck at working from home.  "Let's see, I need to do this ... I can watch TV!!  Now I need to do this ... how about some LAUNDRY!!"  I'd never get any actual work done.

Phillie -- have fun quilting and bending!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your intervals!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Haha.  This is the day I usually do the most.  I have to force myself to go out and buy lunch.  Otherwise, I would be glued to the computer.  it's good for drafting pleadings without interruption.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Baconista - good luck with the calorie counting.  I did well losing weight on a low carb diet, but it is hard to follow when running.

Z - if you went to bed before dark, you really were tired.  We've been having a lot of issues with insomnia lately and it's starting to catch up with me.  I don't do well on 4 hours sleep.  Good luck at the doctor's.

Jerry - I hope your doctor's visit goes well.

Tracilynn - good news that you are running again.  Have fun at the Gardens.  Hurray for giving up sugar.  That isn't easy.  I've done it while doing low carb,  and I know the cravings do go away, but I do love fruit and ice cream and anything sweet, so it never lasts very long for me.

Awood - hope you get to run today.

Damaris - good job on the early morning long run.  Hot as it was, it was better than doing it at 5:30, right?

Margo - have fun quilting and stretching.

PAD - nice intervals.

AFM:  either a short hike or a short run later.

hog4life

Rest day for me with more sleeping planned. I start night shift tonight for 5 x 12 hours. Haha, looks like a interval workout.

I don't count calories but I should.

Hi everyone!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Schedule dictated a rest day yesterday.  Lunch will be whatever my customer wants.

Do your customers ever take you to 3 Floyds in Munster?