Beginners and Beyond

Another funny response to the "You're a Runner, Get Over It" article (Read 145 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

One of my IRL friends who runs posted this on facebook, it is pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt90UXf5MBs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dxt90UXf5MBs&app=desktop

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

If you post as a link it is easier for people to, um, link to.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I copied and pasted it. Not sure why it doesn't link....maybe I did it wrong? Is there a special way to do links on RA?

If you post as a link it is easier for people to, um, link to.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt90UXf5MBs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dxt90UXf5MBs&app=desktop

Here you go.  I just pasted it and then clicked the linky thing above the center justify thing.

~Andrea

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks.... I'm not so great at computers obviously

Here you go.  I just pasted it and then clicked the linky thing above the center justify thing.

I copied and pasted it. Not sure why it doesn't link....maybe I did it wrong? Is there a special way to do links on RA?

When you post something there is the tool bar menu above the area you are typing your message.

1. Type something like, oh,  "Highlighted words blah blah blah"

2. Use your mouse to highlight those words and the chain link in the tool bar menu will appear as an option.

Highlighted words blah blah blah

3. Click the chain link and a pop up will appear (top row, 8th icon over from left):

And this is the pop-up menu:

4. Paste the link you want in the "Link URL" section and hit Insert and you're good to go.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thank you!

When you post something there is the tool bar menu above the area you are typing your message.

1. Type something like, oh,  "Highlighted words blah blah blah"

2. Use your mouse to highlight those words and the chain link in the tool bar menu will appear as an option.

Highlighted words blah blah blah

3. Click the chain link and a pop up will appear (top row, 8th icon over from left):

And this is the pop-up menu:

4. Paste the link you want in the "Link URL" section and hit Insert and you're good to go.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Regarding the video, it was a little amateurish, but I got the point.

My favorite T-shirt was the one that said, "My mom is faster than your dad." I'd like to get that for my kids.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

No more marathons

My favorite T-shirt was the one that said, "My mom is faster than your dad." I'd like to get that for my kids.

And are we going to hear how your race went on Saturday?  Or did I miss it?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

And are we going to hear how your race went on Saturday?  Or did I miss it?

You missed it, she kicked ass. You will have to dig throught the L&O threads to find it.

Dave

Tar Heel Mom

kween

You missed it, she kicked ass. You will have to dig throught the L&O threads to find it.

Thanks. Yeah, blusky, I PR'd, which still isn't as fast as you, but it's the fastest me ever.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

No more marathons

Thanks. Yeah, blusky, I PR'd, which still isn't as fast as you, but it's the fastest me ever.

But I'd never look that good in hippie pants.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Brilliant

Hilarious.  Thanks for posting.

Nata2011

my son has one of those t-shirts hehe. I am not fast though but found it very funny