Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies playing in the snow (Read 34 times)

Hip Redux

Post 'em up!

Hip Redux

I am heading out to the rail trail for some distance, not sure what yet.  Depends on how cold I get. lol  Temp right now is a balmy 16.

It's already snowing here but not yet accumulating.  Not supposed to get ugly until dinner time and by then I'll be home and under a blanket on the couch.  

StepbyStep-SH

Same conditions here, Oski - just half a continent west of you. 16*, feels like 8*, and some snow forecast for the day. Though ours isn't supposed to get bad.

I'm thinking 10 miles or so while DS is in the drop-in care at the Y. This week's miles are simply pathetic. This will only be my second run (of what will probably be only 2 runs), for a grand total of about 16 miles. :P Good news is that the ribs feel much better, so hopefully I'll be back running at full mileage levels next week.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

Same conditions here, Oski - just half a continent west of you. 16*, feels like 8*, and some snow forecast for the day. Though ours isn't supposed to get bad.

Yep, our feels like is 7!

Just B.S.

Oski that is coming my way tomorrow . Hubby is just itching to use his brand new snowblower.

Meanwhile today's feels like is -35 f . Still hoping to get in some outdoor miles.

Anyone who thinks they wants to live in a cold climate is welcome to visit. Just remember its cold 6 months night and day and not just during the run

LRB

The numbers are stupid: 14 degrees, wind chill of 3, steady winds of 14 MPH, wind gust of up to 22 MPH and did I mention that we are in the middle of a winter storm advisory because it is SNOWING like a mofo!

I have an "R" pace workout thingy that I want to do and I prefer to do those outside, I am just hoping I can, even in this shit.  lol

Later for that though, right now it's COFFEE TIME!

No more marathons

Living just south of the mason dixon line seems to be the answer (what was the question?).

But the rain looks like it will be intense today, and I'm just not up to it.  Need a 10 miler either today or tomorrow - and there is always the dread mill at the club - think I'll just have another cup of coffee.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Need a 10 miler either today or tomorrow

5 inside today + 5 outside tomorrow = more you time.     and why the hell am I using an emo wearing sunglasses in this weather!  lol

No more marathons

5 inside today + 5 outside tomorrow = more you time.     and why the hell am I using an emo wearing sunglasses in this weather!  lol

Yeah - but Boston is 18 weeks from Monday - gotta start getting the long run in - and 10 is as good as any place to start.

And gotta wear those shades - don't want snow blindness.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's raining here..... so they say. I am hoping to get in 1.5 miles some point this evening, wasn't willing to get up this morning for it. Coffee, movies and then hopefully Denny's at noon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.1 miles.   Didn't do more as had to take the dogs to puppy pool. At least the hip didn't hurt at all.

Marjorie

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

2-3 super easy miles today in balmy 72 degrees. Let's see how the legs feel in my first post marathon run.

At start: 16 degrees, windchill of 3. After 10.1 very slow miles trudging through a few inches of snow on the ground & more continuing to fall: 16 degrees, windchill 2. The weather had a nice even pace with a slight negative split.

MTA: came home to homemade broccoli cheese soup. After that, the longest, hottest shower in the history of mankind.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I lost my mind and went to the gym in the snow (it was only snowing lightly though no accumulation yet! But still not my brightest move trying to walk with my boot in the snow). My doctor said I could do any exercise I can do sitting or laying down. So I did arms, back, chest, hips, and abs.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Yugo18

Happy Saturday!  I slept for so many hours last night and feel better.  Yay.  Heading out soon for 10.