Beginners and Beyond

If you don't have anything good to say, don't say DAILIES (Read 50 times)

LRB

Rain. 

Rick, that stinks. But thank you for starting today's thread.

One of the loops with the run club tonight. 3.5, 5.0, or 6.0 miles? I haven't decided.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Mornin' Rick & Basya!

Slow 7 miler done this morning, felt fine, just a lil low on energy since it was less than 10 hours since my brisk 9 miler last night.  I need to stay on my morning routine! Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

THE SUN IS HERE! I had come to believe it had gone rogue in space. I usually have daffodils and tulips this time of the year, but now, nothing. The little apple tree has no flowers on it. How am I going to do my usual mother's day picture of my daycare kids, in front of the blooming tree, if it's not blooming with white flowers? Maybe I'll rake the ton of wet dead leaves left from last fall and I'll sit the kids in the big pile. That should make for an uplifting spring mother's day picture.

Oh yeah, the title says I can only say good things...  Well, it IS sunny! And I have 10 miles after work with some MP miles! Woohoo!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Rain.  Raging thunderstorm. 

FYP. Treadmill. 6 miles.

Dave

delicate flower

Hello I said hello now!  Good morning, all of you beautiful people.  My legs feel pretty good this morning considering my hard run last night, and my spirits are certainly high because of that run (8 miles at 7:20 pace in case you haven't read, and it is worth mentioning again because I am a 'ho).  Today will be some easy miles.

Sorry about the rain, LRB!  Looks like you're sending that our way for the next few days.  THANKS.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Most likely an SRD. My twisted ankle got swollen due to all the walking so I cut the run short after the weights and taped it. It feels great now but I am having a dinner FE with RobinCD tonight so I win't have time.  Rest day then.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Beautiful, Sunny 66 degrees out!  with an expected high of 85 today.......... not sure I like that one.

Rocky and I ran a fantastic 9 miles on the trails this morning, spooked a turkey though I am not sure who was more spooked, me or it. Now for more coffee, a shower and work. Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

No run today for me.  Going to get my haircut after work - funny, after having served 24 years in the military, if my hair just starts touching my ears, it drives me crazy, lol.  And in Texas summers I tend to get it cut REALLY short.  After that I will be meeting Gail at home and we will go do a weight training workout. She has an appointment with one of the Y staff to assess her personal weight training goals and then give her a lesson on how to do all appropriate weights to get where she wants to be.  While she is doing that - which I figure is better than me trying to show her, probably save a lot of argument, I am not a very patient teacher-type person - I will be doing my own personal weight training circuit.

Rain for us too, LRB.  Thank goodness!  This drought down here is really crazy and San Antonio badly needs the rain.

Posted by Basya yesterday:  scottydawg, how do you run in Texas heat?

With as few clothes on as possible!   Good luck with your club run tonite.

YOU had a lack of energy, Super Dave?  Say it ain't so!    Congrats on your miles.

Yay for your sunshine, Lily!   Enjoy your miles today in your better weather.

Sorry about the thunderstorm, Dave.  So, following Lily's rule about saying only good things in the thread today....what good can you say about the thunderstorm?

Nice run last night for you, Phil! Enjoy the easy miles today, you earned an easy day.

Sorry about the ankle, Damaris.  Enjoy the dinner.

FreeSoul, I wish it would be ONLY 85 around here!  Congrats on your great run this morning.   Rocky didn't catch the turkey for you to roast later?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, all! 50* for my run this morning - perfect. I did 5 miles with the group, which included some big hill climbs and a few fartleks in the last mile.

Oops - Almost forgot to add, this crazy bunch also likes wall squats. 2-minute wall squat along a retaining wall next to the road. With 10 of us all lined up, we did the wave whenever a car drove by. I think we made a few people smile at 5:45 a.m.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty - no he didn't, I think he was also wondering what the fuck that was crashing through the trees. Damn thing flew and just about hit every limb he/she could during it's flight of 50-100 feet. I used to never see turkey around here, but about 3 years ago or so they started populating the area and on occasion I would see them but now I see them almost daily on my drives into work and to home or during runs on the roads, this is the first time seeing them on a run through the woods. I am going to try and get out for a walk or something later today, I want to start "acclimating" to this warm weather as quickly as possible.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Oh yeah, the title says I can only say good things...

Actually the floor is yours!

I held out hope that the rain would ease up as I drove to work but DP was not kidding, it was coming down!  As it is I actually had a really good treadmill run, how often does one say that?!

There was a point where I was daydreaming that I was dancing and actually almost stumbled because well, I busted a move or two in stride!  lol  That's how deep I was gone in my head!

7 easy done, great run!

There was a point where I was daydreaming that I was dancing and actually almost stumbled because well, I busted a move or two in stride!  lol  That's how deep I was gone in my head!

Pics Video or it didn't happen.

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! Cloudy and 51 here. Normally I'd run outside but I have all of my running stuff at work. So 5 Easy miles done on the TM.

Yesterday I signed up to volunteer at the packet pickup for the Marathon/HM/10k/5k/Kids Mile/Half Mile festivities this week. I'm actually in the 5k packet pickup group. Work said they'd keep us on company time while we do it, so how could I turn that down? I also get a volunteer t-shirt and a pass to the party after the marathon is finished. That combined with my bib means that DW and I could go for free. Maybe we need a babysitter? Big grin

- Andrew

outoftheblue

Good morning.  SRD for me.  I'm taking my Mom out to brunch for an early Mother's Day celebration, then I'm going to brave the big box store to restock a bunch of food and goods on the cheap.

Hope the skies clear and you get some nice weather soon.

Lily, that's sad about there not being any tulips.

D -- Hope that ankle feels better soon.

LRB -- you could start a new craze, run-dance.

Life is good.