Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES can come out now, Monday is gone (Read 42 times)

LRB

'Sup!

One of the weirdest things ever is creating a new account to make a purchase on a website you have never been on only to be told your email address has an account already.  What?  Um, like when?!

Anyway, we have had some wacky weather here lately (Sunday 29 degrees, yesterday 43) and that continues today with a current temp of 55.  I just hope the hot water at work is working as yesterday I was forced to take a cold shower for the first time in my life.

Three words for that; HOR RI BLE!

So what's up with you today?

Cyberic

Tuesday is my speed day in my no plan world. Might go for a lung burner with a few 1000s at I speed... not sure yet.

happylily

Walked over 12 miles yesterday. The plan is for about the same today. Except today I want to ditch the army boots and wear high heeled ones. I didn't come all this way to look like a bum. Eff you, sensitive and tired little feet and toes of mine, today you're walking in style despite the pain.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I am planning on a run and heavy weights tonight.

Back at the office.  Meh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Lily, enjoy your walk in NYC. Hi heels for a long walk after 2 marathons in 2 weeks? Geez, you're tough.

delicate flower

Hello and what do you say!  Happy Tuesday.  I got to the voting station at the local elementary school early this morning...like five minutes after it opened.  Much to my disappointment, the PTA's bake sale was not set up yet.  I was going to buy some banana bread or something.  I voted, but now I am sad.

7 miles last night.  6 of those miles were "close enough" to GMP, so I'm calling it GMP.  Felt pretty easy too, which is probably a good thing.  I've got another 7 miles on the schedule today.

<3

Docket_Rocket

I voted early 10 days ago with no lines. That makes today stress free. But traffic will be crazy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Lily, congrats on the race!!!!  Enjoy NY. Walking there is always there.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

So tapering isn't as maddening this time around, it's actually a relief.  I wonder if that's because I trained harder this time around, so it's nice to not be running doubles?  Whatever the reason, I'm not going to complain. Smile

Just ordered a new Garmin, my FR10 has served me well, but won't hold a charge for more than a couple of hours, so there's a shiny new 220 on the way.  

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

I voted, but now I am sad.

This is pretty much how I feel every time, after holding my nose & picking the lesser of the two evils for every office.

No bake sale at mine this morning, it was just BYO coffee.

Dave

runninggirl30

Morning!

No running for me today but hitting the gym then it's off the vote.  I think I'll be able to get in and out quickly since most people will be at work.

Lily: you are tough!!  Have fun in NYC today!  I'm jealous but someday I'll go there and see it Smile

LRB: maybe your evil twin ordered something without your knowledge?!?

You Rang?

Yesterday I received word that the gentleman who gave me my first job out of law school was hit by a car and killed on Friday night while he was out trick-or-treating with his son.  I'm hoping that the five miles I'm about to run will improve my mood and give me time to compose some appropriate remarks for the Bar Association meeting this afternoon.  I now lead the section of the Orange County Bar Association that he helped found.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

LRB

I just hope the hot water at work is working as yesterday I was forced to take a cold shower for the first time in my life.

Three words for that; HOR RI BLE!

Mmmmm...beer

That's horrible Rick, very sorry to hear that.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Today's forecast - 60 with rain, tomorrow 56 with rain, Thursday 51 and then the weekend will be in 40s.

I am feeling much better today, if it isn't raining this afternoon I will probably take Dorian and Rocky for a hike on the trails.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)