Beginners and Beyond

Iris Eyes ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

LRB

'Sup.

I am resting my left ass, which acted an ass all day yesterday.

Discretion, better part of valor, yada, yada, ya.

StepbyStep-SH

Rest day. I did a half-hearted round of PT exercises, but would really rather crawl back into bed and sleep more.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am still thinking today is Friday because it is my Friday.  Weird.  I have either 5 recovery miles or 9 General Aerobic and thinking the 5 would be a nice way to gauge the stupid road rash on the knee.  We have a concert tonight, so it will have to be early on the TM (after work).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Tonight 7 miles at MP. DD's soccer practice is right next to a track, so I will run in circles in lane #4

LRB

Morning!  I am still thinking today is Friday because it is my Friday.  Weird.

You know, I almost went with the fake FriDAILIES theme, but the last time I did that I really screwed some people up.

As it is, Iris Eyes is the color of an eyeliner some chick was wearing in the checkout line yesterday. It was the prettiest shade of purple and of course I said so.

delicate flower

Whatcha say there, Charlie!  I got me a RUN to tackle later today!  DW and I are then headed up to Vermont for the long weekend.  She'll do some looooong Ironman training workouts with her cousin, while I'll swim/bike/run until my legs fall off.  I can't wait.  First though I've got to plow through this workday...

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Another morning of no running, but I am contemplating on whether running tomorrow morning or not.... but I might wait until Saturday morning and do just 3 easy miles.

This morning consisted of the gym, Biceps, Triceps and Chest

Standing Barbell Curls: 50lbsX12reps, 45lbsX15reps, 50lbsX12reps, 45lbsX15reps, 50lbsX12reps, 45lbsX15reps

Cable Triceps Pull Down (straight bar): 60lbsX15reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX15reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX15reps, 70lbsX8reps

Loaded Plate Incline Chest Press: 90lbsX12reps, 100lbsX8reps, 90lbsX12reps, 100lbsX8reps, 90lbsX12reps, 100lbsX8reps

Standing Rope Hammer Curls: 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps

Cable Rope Triceps Pull Down: 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps

Fly Delts: 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps

Triceps Dumbbell Kickbacks: 20lbsX8reps, 17.5lbsX12reps, 20lbsX8reps, 17.5lbsX12reps

At home & throughout the day.

Concentrated Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets / 10 reps / 20 lbs

Push ups with Shins on Stability Ball: 5 sets of 25 reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

10 w/7 @MP

Still have trouble getting the first mile on pace, even after a 3 mile warmup. But the rest went well.

Dave

LRB

10 w/7 @MP

Still have trouble getting the first mile on pace, even after a 3 mile warmup. But the rest went well.

That is completely normal. As long as the effort is there don't force it.

Nice workout yo.

Cyberic

10 w/7 @MP

You are doing Hansons too I gather. What week are you in?

You are doing Hansons too I gather. What week are you in?

Technically week 8, based on race day. But I am following it sort of loosely.

Dave

onemile

10 w/7 @MP

Your MP seems to be getting faster 

Your MP seems to be getting faster 

That's the idea, isn't it? 

The MP for my 3:30 BQ goal time is 8:01. But if my actual goal is run Boston, I assume I really need to be 1:00-1:30 faster than that, over my typical actual marathon distance of 26.4. So I have been targeting ~7:55, and often end up a bit faster.

That said, last time I trained to ~8:00 and the race ended up at 8:25, so it's pretty academic.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Damn the fuck.  I switched to the HM in SF to run with my husband and told the RD to put the same time as my husband and I ended up in the last corral (probably because the idiot wrote my marathon finish time as my HM expected finishing time).  Da fuck?  Oh, and they are not changing stuff until the expo and I need to pay $10 to change.  Although the discussion I'll have, they will end up not making me pay, mark my words.

I sent them a scalding email.  We'll see.  I better not pay for the mistake of another.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Damn the fuck.  I switched to the HM in SF to run with my husband and told the RD to put the same time as my husband and I ended up in the last corral (probably because the idiot wrote my marathon finish time as my HM expected finishing time).  Da fuck?  Oh, and they are not changing stuff until the expo and I need to pay $10 to change.  Although the discussion I'll have, they will end up not making me pay, mark my words.

I sent them a scalding email.  We'll see.  I better not pay for the mistake of another.

What do you mean pay for the mistake of another? Charging a nominal fee to change race distances after you have registered is pretty common, is it not?