Beginners and Beyond

Let's get this WEDNESDAILIES started! (Read 34 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

You know what to do!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Last night I didn't get to the JCC in enough time to swim AND run (closes at 10:00pm, by the time I got there and got changed it was 9:00) so I just ran. 1.25 miles on the elliptical and 2.25 miles of run/walk intervals. Just got back from 6:00am spin class. Only 15 miles today because we did a lot of hills. Have a great Wednesday!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

happylily

Morning Kristin!

8F at the moment, sunny with a few clouds later. I ate a bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar, will have a coffee as well. I have a run after work.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Add a little less than 70F to Lily's temps and you got us.  Raining like crazy so it took forever to get to the allergist and it will take forever to head to

work.  6 or SRD depending on time.  I also twisted my leg when an asshole tried to run me over in downtown yesterday (daily occurrence) so my leg is a bit sore.  The cupcakes I was carrying came out unscathed.

Retirement party today for our analyst.  38 years on the job.  Not sure if I should congratulate her or ask if she was crazy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It is 27 damn degrees in San Antonio right now....BRRRRRR!  I'm wearing my long underwear this morning, lol.   Luckily, no freezing rain and no wind, so that's a blessing.  Our high today will be only 50 degrees, but it will be VERY sunny, so makes for a nice running day.  I plan to do my GIANT HILLS workout at Fort Sam Houston after work today, which equates to about 4 miles of all hills.   Crazy weather.   Tomorrow it will be 65 degrees here and on Friday, we are going to hit 70 degrees, go figure.

Congrats on getting your spin class in, Kristin.  Tough workout!  How is the AT blister?

Mmm, oatmeal, nice breakfast Lily.  Have fun on your run after work.  Are you running outside in that weather?  Dang...

Damaris, you are just having one helluva month!  Hope February is a lot kinder to you!  Good luck with your run today and enjoy the retirement party!

All you folks in Atlanta area, state of Georgia, SC, etc....stay safe!  Was watching Weather Channel last night...snow, abandoned cars, major traffic jams.....y'all be careful out there!  Thinking good thoughts for the safety of you and your loved ones!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

-2F with -20F windchill here this morning...bit of a warmup from yesterday! Schools closed again due to cold, which seems excessive.

We had a hockey game scheduled last night (DD2's HS team), but the other team cancelled due to the weather, so ended up having an intra-squad scrimmage. DD scored her first goal! Unfortunately does not really count because it was just a scrimmage, but it looked impressive all the same. She was pretty nonchalant about it - said since she didn't get the puck (traditional souvenir for your first goal), didn't really matter. We are still pretty proud; when she started playing, she could barely skate, so has made a lot of progress.

10 miles on the treadmill this morning, accompanied by the stimulating viewing of last night's State of the Union address on DVR. Yes really. Goal was to make the treadmill seem less boring by comparison. Not sure if that exactly worked; it was just basically 1.5 hours of pure concentrated boredom.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

LRB

Man I overslept like a mutha fucka this morning!  >:-/

I managed to get 7 easy in on the belt though, which was actually a great run...as easy runs go.

As for temps, it is currently 0 but the temps are going up, up, up.  The high today will be just under 20, with 20's forecast for the next 9 days, woo hoo!

animated dancing banana emoticon animated dancing banana emoticon

animated dancing banana emoticon

animated dancing banana emoticon   animated dancing banana emoticon

delicate flower

'Morning!  Days don't get much better than the one I had yesterday.  I could have done without the -30 wind chills, but it was only cold on the chair lifts.

I'm in the middle:

<3

'Morning!  Days don't get much better than the one I had yesterday.  I could have done without the -30 wind chills, but it was only cold on the chair lifts.

I'm in the middle:

Wow that looks awesome. I mean, if you're going to get a fuckload of snow, then do something useful with it, instead of just pushing it around.

MTA: Almost as awesome as my treadmill/SOTU combo.

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

If you're in the middle, then who's taking the picture? A YETI?!  Hopefully you're having a great time. Smile

I'm in the middle:

Morning dailies. 3x 1000m Intervals today on the TM. With warmup, cooldown and recoveries it came in just below 5 miles. I'm up against a soft deadline today, so off to work I go! Have a great day everyone.

- Andrew

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Scotty blister is ok....it is "deflated" now so hurts much less

StepbyStep-SH

The sun is shining and the weather man says that pesky negative sign in front of the temperature will actually go away for a little while today. And then it will snow tonight and tomorrow. But at least DS went back to school - we were about to drive each other crazy!

SRD for me, but with a bit of shoveling to do (some that I left when wind chills were in -30s and I deemed it unnecessary), and kyukido class tonight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hello dailies:

Kristin - how do the hills work, does the whole spin room incline?

Lily - prayers and thoughts for your sister.  Mmm, oatmeal and brown sugar.

D - you were running with cupcakes, and survived an assassination plot, and the cupcakes were ok?  Well done!

Scotty - stay safe

DaveP - congrats to DD on that goal.

Rick - If someone shoots the groundhog before it sees its shadow, that counts, right?

Baboon - caption:  "Yo, I lost a contact lens, little help?!"

Brr - good intervals

Flight to Boston is booked, nonstop there and back on JetBlue  Big grin

MIA yesterday due to a work field trip to Toronto.  The ride up was really neat -- skim ice covering much of the mighty Niagara river, banks of clouds like a mountain range over the open water of Lake Ontario, Hamilton looking even more sinister than usual with huge plumes of steam billowing into the icy air off all the industry.

Once the bus got downtown, people-watching and wondering like always at the average level of style, fitness, and busy-ness compared to Buffalo, where you might see a lone sweatpants-clad fatty lumbering along an otherwise deserted downtown sidewalk.  Realizing that there were likely more people in the Eaton Centre complex than my entire town's population.   Being whisked up to a fancy 35th floor suite in a matter of seconds where a decadent lunch awaited along with breathtaking views of the city, I couldn't help but feel like a district peasant from The Hunger Games visiting the Capitol.

Much of the beer we had been brought to sample was really good, too.  Flying Monkeys brewery has some world-class stuff in their maple porter, chocolate stout, and a cedar-aged brew that was like drinking the rich aroma of a humidor.

Today, getting chores done at home and then driving to the Y, where it does not feel like -16.

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

SUP!  Freaking in the 50's this morning! I had to put on a sweatshirt even.  Still in shorts tho. 

Nothing for me today but itching to get after it again tomorrow!

Happy running runners!

happylily

Jay, you mean your work trip to Toronto was for sampling beer? Wow, talk about a good job.  I loved your description of Hamilton. That city has such a melancholic feel to it. Like it has ceased to exist years ago. When I visit Toronto, I'm always in awe of the perfection there, compared to Montreal. But if I lived there, maybe I'd get tired of all this goody-goody perfection.

Guys, thanks for your thoughts and prayers for my sister. She is going into surgery at 1 pm. She called everyone in the family last night with a unique to all of us reason for why she loves us. She said just in case... I laughed, but I felt like crying. I have to try some of that Flying Monkeys beer.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010