Beginners and Beyond

Shout it out WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

However now you have replaced it with a grammatical error...should be "DD and me". (SORRY I CANNOT HELP MYSELF!!)

Great pic though, what a cutie!!

I am also accused of being the "grammar police." My latest pet peeve is when people say "these ones" or "those ones."

happylily

I am also accused of being the "grammar police." My latest pet peeve is when people say "these ones" or "those ones."

So the twos of thems are wrong?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

So the twos of thems are wrong?

delicate flower

Oh, Baboon got me motivated and I signed up for a triathlon relay. I'm doing the run and two dads from DD2's swim team are taking care of the swim and bike part. The name of our team is The Dwarfs of Beeron.

What is the distance of the tri?  The longer the tri, the slower the solo runners will be, and the faster you will feel passing them!  And you'll get comments like "WTF", "Where'd you get the energy?", "How are you running so fast?", and of course the indecipherable grunts and groans as you pass people.  And of course when someone tells you "Good job", tell them you're just a relay runner.  Big grin

<3

All y'alls are those ones! Tongue

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

What is the distance of the tri?  The longer the tri, the slower the solo runners will be, and the faster you will feel passing them!  And you'll get comments like "WTF", "Where'd you get the energy?", "How are you running so fast?", and of course the indecipherable grunts and groans as you pass people.  And of course when someone tells you "Good job", tell them you're just a relay runner.  Big grin

800m swim, 10 mile bike, and 5k run. The race will be at about 5500' elevation so I need to get a look at the course beforehand.

Jay: 

Docket_Rocket

Great picture, Andrew!

Off to do my depositions.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

The 1/2 Iron hubby and I each completed as individuals on Sunday also had a "team" component and a sprint

tri running concurrently with the 70.3 event.

I was dragging my ass in 85F to a 2:23 half marathon time and people were waltzing by me fresh as a daisy

because they were "only" doing the 1/2 marathon portion of the relay or the 5k portion of the sprint tri and didn't

do the 1.2 mile swim and 56 mile bike ride that I had completed.

Yes I knew it mentally but it's still strangely defeating getting passed but they didn't get near as nice

a medal as i did. Smile

It was the mostly physically exhausting  (aside from giving birth) thing, yet most emotionally rewarding race

I have ever done. We are already planning our next one.

Phil and Oski, if we weren't going to Europe in September we would have done Pumpkinman. Close"ish" to home

and a great event

delicate flower

The 1/2 Iron hubby and I each completed as individuals on Sunday also had a "team" component and a sprint

tri running concurrently with the 70.3 event.

I was dragging my ass in 85F to a 2:23 half marathon time and people were waltzing by me fresh as a daisy

because they were "only" doing the 1/2 marathon portion of the relay or the 5k portion of the sprint tri and didn't

do the 1.2 mile swim and 56 mile bike ride that I had completed.

Yes I knew it mentally but it's still strangely defeating getting passed but they didn't get near as nice

a medal as i did. Smile

It was the mostly physically exhausting  (aside from giving birth) thing, yet most emotionally rewarding race

I have ever done. We are already planning our next one.

Phil and Oski, if we weren't going to Europe in September we would have done Pumpkinman. Close"ish" to home

and a great event.

Well I have been on the other side of the relay as well.  In the late miles of my last marathon when my death march was in full swing, I had relay runners flying past me like I was standing still.  I didn't let it bother me because I knew they were not running the same race as me, though I was certainly jealous of their fresh legs.  Nice pics, Beth!

<3

Just B.S.

Well I have been on the other side of the relay as well.  In the late miles of my last marathon when my death march was in full swing, I had relay runners flying past me like I was standing still.  I didn't let it bother me because I knew they were not running the same race as me, though I was certainly jealous of their fresh legs.  Nice pics, Beth!

I didn't let it bother me per sey, I just wished I was running as fast as they were. It would

have been over a lot sooner!LOL

Registration is opening this week for next year. Check out their FB site. Plenty of glowing

remarks on what a beautiful (yet challenging) and well organized race it was. Plus the

area is incredibly beautiful.

Docket_Rocket

It is 8pm, right?  Because it looks that way outside.  Completely black (not gray, black), hail is hitting my window, and all the street lights are on.  Commuting should be fun, no?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Thanks for the heads-up about the 'House, LRB! I've been wanting to give Asics Nimbus and Brooks Ghosts a try, for less than $85, vs. retail of $130, I can do it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Thanks for the heads-up about the 'House, LRB! I've been wanting to give Asics Nimbus and Brooks Ghosts a try, for less than $85, vs. retail of $130, I can do it.

I've only ever used Asics and Newtons. I'd like to try a different brand, but I'm clueless. Are all the brands similar in quality?

Docket_Rocket

I've only ever used Asics and Newtons. I'd like to try a different brand, but I'm clueless. Are all the brands similar in quality?

I hate Asics and have never worn Newtons.  No idea if they are of similar quality as my Mizunos, Sauconys, and Hokas.  And every brand in existence I own.

Can someone send me a boat?  I am on the 12th floor, but we already have 3" coming down, with possibly a foot of rain in the next 30 minutes.  I'll pay with vodka!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

happylily

I hate Asics and have never worn Newtons.  No idea if they are of similar quality as my Mizunos, Sauconys, and Hokas.  And every brand in existence I own.

Can someone send me a boat?  I am on the 12th floor, but we already have 3" coming down, with possibly a foot of rain in the next 30 minutes.  I'll pay with vodka!

Do the streets ever get flooded? It must make driving in traffic dangerous... Be careful! Also: not worth visiting a hairdresser often with weather like that.