Beginners and Beyond

Frustrated and totally whining thread (Read 212 times)

#artbydmcbride

Good luck!  And thank you so much for your service!   Smile

Runners run

socutemd

Thanks y'all and sorry for being out of the loop.  I am at Ft Benning at deployment train up right now.  Average wake up time: 0430.  Average length of day:  12-14.  Tonight's homework task: try on a few dozen clothing items issued today and inspect them and inspect all non clothing issued items for any damage, then pack as much as possible.  My plan is to take three bags: my carry on and two duffle bags.  One of those will be the "shit I am required to bring but will never actually use" duffle bag and the other will be the "shit I need in theater" duffle bag.  That is probably how I will tag them too.  Wink

SR!  I've missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am done with residency.  DONE. WITH. RESIDENCY.

Stay safe and thank you for your service to our country.

Trail Monster

Hugs and stay safe!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Buelligan

Thanks y'all and sorry for being out of the loop.  I am at Ft Benning at deployment train up right now.

If you have time to run, check out the riverwalk where it runs by the Infantry Museum on South Lumpkin Road.  There are no significant elevation changes if you run north towards the city (the riverwalk has a few short hills on post).  There is a bathroom and water fountain near the nature center across the street from the museum.  The riverwalk is deserted at night in this area but relatively safe and well lit.  It winds by a golf course and then hits a short stretch of road that parallels a migratory bird sanctuary.  The road is safe to run on towards the north if you want to enjoy the view, but take the riverwalk when you come back because there is no shoulder on the road going south.

Let me know if you want someone to run with.  I imagine you can find plenty of takers on post.

Buelligan

Oh... if you do run on the riverwalk, be careful at 6:30pm  and later on Tuesdays.  A local bike shop has a huge group ride then and they tend to clog the riverwalk up.  Most of them try to stay to the right, but every now and then you'll have cyclists riding side by side who'll intrude in the oncoming lane.  Just something to watch out for.  It drives me nuts so I avoid the riverwalk between 6:30 and 8:00pm on Tuesdays.

Good luck and thank you for your service..