Beginners and Beyond

Boston explosions (Read 319 times)

Nevrgivup

I will run Boston next year. I will not qualify, but will run for a charity. I don't care how long it takes me to get to that finish line. It will be perfect closure for what I went through. Thank you all for your well wishes.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

delicate flower

I will run Boston next year. I will not qualify, but will run for a charity. I don't care how long it takes me to get to that finish line. It will be perfect closure for what I went through. Thank you all for your well wishes.

I don't think you'll have a problem rounding up donations.

<3

Nevrgivup

Smile

Dr. Cornsitter

+1

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Ball of Fury

My buddy's company is a sponsor for the Mill Race Marathon in Columbus - Sept. 28th. He tried talking me into it on our training run on Saturday. This tragedy just confirmed it.

Good for you!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

That's awesome and amazing Hillary!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm not sure what Eric's policy is on soliciting donations on the forums/user groups, but some how let us know. I'll commit myself to a pledge for you now.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Nevrgivup

Thanks. I have you on FB. I want nothing more than to recapture the essence of what the marathon means to me and the running community.

I'm not sure what Eric's policy is on soliciting donations on the forums/user groups, but some how let us know. I'll commit myself to a pledge for you now.

Jess runs for bacon

I'm with you. There's no way I'd qualify, but I can raise money.

Dr. Cornsitter

I'm with you. There's no way I'd qualify, but I can raise money.

I'll be there someway, somehow.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Mmmmm...beer

Same here, just let us know Hilary, on here or on FB and we'll help get you there. Smile

I'm looking now for a fall marathon to try to qualify.  Since registration for Boston opens in Sept, I wonder what my chances are of even getting in if I don't qualify until Oct/Nov?  Yes, I'm just going on the assumption that I will qualify, maybe a little over confident, but ya gotta have faith, right?

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hilary, count me in to support you too when you run for charity.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

delicate flower

Yes, I'm just going on the assumption that I will qualify, maybe a little over confident, but ya gotta have faith, right?

No, just realistic.  You're fast as hell and a BQ shouldn't be much of a problem for you.

<3

Jess runs for bacon

Same here, just let us know Hilary, on here or on FB and we'll help get you there. Smile

I'm looking now for a fall marathon to try to qualify.  Since registration for Boston opens in Sept, I wonder what my chances are of even getting in if I don't qualify until Oct/Nov?  Yes, I'm just going on the assumption that I will qualify, maybe a little over confident, but ya gotta have faith, right?

Check out Via here in Bethlehem PA. It's in September. April is running it, and now I am planning to as well.

Docket_Rocket

Great idea.  I assume there will be lots of charity runners next year.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page