Beginners and Beyond

Boston explosions (Read 319 times)

Ric-G

just sickened...my family was around there 40 or so minutes before...cant be sure of timing....I had finished and we met up and were on our way back to hotel..was texted and only found out more details back at hotel...sorta numb...more later.

marathon pr - 3:16

Dr. Cornsitter

I'm okay. I was supposed to go as a spectator with my son but decided against it. My sons father who works right next to the finish line, though he was missing for an hour, is okay. I've had no reports of any friends or family missing or hurt.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Hip Redux

News is reporting that the bomb under the grand stand didn't go off.   The fatality/injury numbers could have been a lot higher, if that's true.

Press conference happening now.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/cvplive/cvpstream3&hpt=hp_t2#/video/cvplive/cvpstream3

Jess runs for bacon

News is reporting that the bomb under the grand stand didn't go off.   The fatality/injury numbers could have been a lot higher, if that's true.

Holy shit. I heard they have a suspect in custody.

Hip Redux

Glad Hilary (Nevrgiveup) is ok too, and praying that her ability to help those in need will be useful.

Not what she was expecting to deal with today,  but I'm sure the injured were thankful for the immediate response available from the med tent.   I'm glad she is ok.

happylily

Anyone heard about Runwell (Ed)? I met him at the athletes village. Very nice man. I really hope he's ok...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Third explosion at the JFK library.  OMG.

Little Blue

Watching the news, I don't know whether to be sick or cry, so I guess I'll do both.

Thankful for all of those who have checked in safe.

Dr. Cornsitter

If anyone is evacuated and without a place to go, please PM me and I will come get you.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Supersono99

I'm just sitting here numb like 9/11. I'm so very sad right now. So thankful for those that are ok. So heartbroken for those that aren't.

BruceD555

I'm so thankful to hear so many folks have reported in already and all are OK thus far. I heard about it and online news reports were so sketchy that I went over to the TM @ the office to run & watch TV. Horrible ... just horrible. Thank God for the first responders, police and medical folks jumping in to the carnage and rendering aid. Video showed one guy tearing off his t-shirt - probably to use as compression to stop bleeding and another responder performing CPR. My heart & prayers go out to the injured and their families/loved ones.

Train smart ... race smarter.

If anyone is evacuated and without a place to go, please PM me and I will come get you.

we need more souls like you

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Words escape me right now, but ditto what supersono said.

I'm just sitting here numb like 9/11. I'm so very sad right now. So thankful for those that are ok. So heartbroken for those that aren't.

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

Third explosion at the JFK library.  OMG.

I heard it was inrelated.

Suspect - 20 yr old Saudi national. Was caught in less than two hours. He in hospital.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas