Beginners and Beyond

Boston explosions (Read 319 times)

Jess runs for bacon

I was 200ft from the explosions. Saw a lot of bad stuff come through the medical tent. I'm just so glad to be ok. I literally saw severed limbs.

I'm sure that your expertise and your positive attitude came a long way today. We are all glad you are OK.

delicate flower

I'm glad that everyone from RA and theirs are safe.

I'm beyond pissed.

I hope that this doesn't place a damper on future Boston Marathons.

We're a pretty resilient people and always come back stronger.  So long as the race goes on, I am guessing registration will sell out faster next year.

<3

delicate flower

One of our local runners was at mile 25.5 when the explosions hit.  Yeesh.

<3

Antipodean

I may be more of a lurker, but I was VERY relieved when I heard all the RA runners/supporters were safe.

I was eating breakfast this morning and following the stalking thread when news came out. Seems unreal being this far away.

Wishing everyone over there the best for dealing with this. Hugs to all, and great running, too. Let's not forget the running because that's what brings us all together and running is also what will help many RA people deal with what has happened too.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Jen16226

Been MIA the past few weeks, but I had to come on and say hi and I am very glad that everyone from here is safe.

(((((HUGS)))))

Goals for 2013:

Run 10K Race- ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Run HM

RACES:

2-9 Kittanning Rotary Club 5K 44:38 on ice UGH

3-9 New Port Richey, Fl Pasco Challenge 10K- 1:22:55

5-12 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure 5K

7-6 Ford City Heritage Days 5K

8-4 Pittsburgh Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon

9-29 Richard S.Caliguri City of Pittsburgh Great Race 5K

Ball of Fury

We're a pretty resilient people and always come back stronger.  So long as the race goes on, I am guessing registration will sell out faster next year.

Truthfully, it makes me so mad, I want to qualify even more and run it, just to show them they can't damage the American spirit!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Truthfully, it makes me so mad, I want to qualify even more and run it, just to show them they can't damage the American spirit!!

This.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

+2. This only makes me want to work harder to BQ in October.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

So happy to read that most everyone has checked in and is safe. Thoughts and prayers obviously with all those impacted.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Rungry!

This is so devistating. Relieved to hear that all of the RA/RW forum runners are okay. So sorry that you had to experience this NGU.

Jen

Supersono99

Hilary, so sorry for what you must've seen and experienced today. thank you for being there. (((hugs)))

Docket_Rocket

I felt the same way during my run today.

Glad to hear all my friends and forumites are OK.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

NGU, I'm so sorry you had to see and experience the horror of what happened, but am so glad you are ok.  Thanks for helping those who needed you.

I'm so glad that everyone has checked in and is ok.

happylily

It makes me incredibly sad. Without the spectators, I wouldn't have done as well. They carried me to the finish. And the volunteers as well. I love Boston. These people didn't deserve any of this. I will be back here next year to support the Boston Marathon and the city of Boston. I am so sorry for the city, the marathon and your country.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

BruceD555

Add me to the + list on this one.

Train smart ... race smarter.