Beginners and Beyond

Boston explosions (Read 319 times)

Truthfully, it makes me so mad, I want to qualify even more and run it, just to show them they can't damage the American spirit!!

This.  My mom asked if I would go next year, and I told her: "absolutely, the terrorists can't be allowed to win."

Continued prayers for the victims and their families and all the first responders including Hilary.

Love the Half

I have never been so happy to be sitting I'm an airport. I'm in Providence. So glad to hear everyone is fine. Hang tough Hillary.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

rmorrissey64

Horrible event after such a great day for Boston.

Nevrgivup

Thanks. Shirfan and Lily- I'm so glad you are ok. I know I said I'd probably never run a marathon, but this may be just what I need to heal from this. Has anyone heard from Brad yet??

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Nevrgivup

So glad you're ok. HUGS.

I have never been so happy to be sitting I'm an airport. I'm in Providence. So glad to hear everyone is fine. Hang tough Hillary.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Luke79

This.  My mom asked if I would go next year, and I told her: "absolutely, the terrorists can't be allowed to win."

Continued prayers for the victims and their families and all the first responders including Hilary.

Exactly.

Shakedown Street

I am really at a loss to words for this. Glad to see you people checking in.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

BuckeyeNurse

Oh, Hilary.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and all the other first responders, as well as the victims and their families.  Thanks for doing what you did today.

So, so glad to see all who have checked in safe and sound.  What an incredibly traumatic experience for all involved- runners, spectators, volunteers, race organizers.  I can't even begin to imagine.

I think today is the first time that I feel I am a runner. In the past year I have logged about 1000 miles. The miles didn't make me a runner, but being part of something bigger than myself does.

You runners are awesome. I am so glad to be one.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

outoftheblue

I am so sad and so angry right now. This was supposed to be an event to celebrate the best of human achievement.  Yet someone had to turn this into a day of destruction and evil.    I hope those that ran today can still find a way to treasure their accomplishments and not let the terrorists ruin that for them as well.    Shirfan -- I love your attitude.

I'm glad to hear the people here checking in OK, but heartbroken for those who didn't make it.

Life is good.

LRB

I hope those that ran today can still find a way to treasure their accomplishments and not let the terrorists ruin that for them as well.   

Well put.

Hip Redux

I'm ready to start my own charity called "Fuck You Terrorists" to support terrorism victims and get it on the BAA list of approved charities and run the damn thing next year.  We'll have F-U t-shirts and everything.

Hip Redux

NBC is reporting that one of the deceased was 8 years old.  I need to just turn off the news now.

This has come across my Facebook feed:

<Race Shirt Tuesday> (copied) A movement is sweeping across social media - to show your support, wear a race shirt tomorrow. Let the world know, we stand with our runners, volunteers, medics, supporters, race directors and anyone else who is a part of our great support. While it will not change what happened today - we can rally together to heal.

Running for two.  Drinking for none.

Rondog65

Words escape me, but my thoughts and prayers go out to all who are suffering from this senseless and shameless act of violence.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)