Beginners and Beyond

Leaping for joy (Read 344 times)

While discussing our New Year's resolutions with my DW, she decided to take action like all of us had done sometime before.  She's committed to return to running after an extended absence from her college days.  She just joined the Atlanta Track Club's Women on the Move Training Series (http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/events/view/2013-women-on-the-move-training-series).  I'm so proud of her.  It's an 8 week program which will culminate in a women only 5K in late March.  Smile

It'll be great to share the running experiences.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Docket_Rocket

Good news!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Congrats to the Mrs.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Anomalous

Awesome!

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Luke79

That's awesome.  I would love to run with my wife.

StepbyStep-SH

Good for her!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

That's awesome! I wish my DH would get into running!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

runmomto3boys

That is absolutely wonderful!  I'm happy for her and for you!

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

That's great news!

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Jen2011

Great news!  Congrats to you both!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

Happy to be running

That's great! My DW tried running with me but I'm afraid I pushed her to hard and she quit. Good thing your DW has a great program and support group!

New runner base building for my first marathon 

I have run 2 half marathons 1:52:42 & 1:58:00

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Excellent - good for her. I don't know her condition, but it took me (borderline geezer that I am) about 14 weeks or so to get up to that distance. But I was in pretty bad shape, being an office type worker and former smoker. If she's in good shape, she won't have any problem getting to that distance.

Good luck, Mrs. BozyDeco!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Don't call me Buttercup!

Very cool! Congrats to her, for making the decision, and congrats to you for potentially having a new running partner!  Or, at the very least, someone who will understand when you "have" to sign up for such and such a race. =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Awesome!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

CrisRuns

Excellent!