Beginners and Beyond

Dailies, dailies, bo-bailies, Banana fana fo-failies, Fee fi mo-mailies; TuesDAILIES! (Read 39 times)

LRB

'Sup!

I am off to run.  Hopefully the streets are not still flooded as it was pretty bad in certain spots last night.

We shall see...

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 and PiYo for me tonight.  I barely slept last night and my allergies went up due to the allergy shot.  Or maybe I can blame the honky horny bitch?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Hope you have a good run Rick!

7 slow miles done, calf felt fine, still a bit sore, but no issues running easy.  Going to keep it easy for a while, no quality until the calf is 100%.  Probably going to bail on my mile race this Sat too, just to be safe.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

on my way to badass

Morning dalies! Rick- saw the flooding on the news. I hope you have a place to run. Damaris-Asthma is stupid. Dave- Its great to hear you are feeling better. AFM- HM training is a struggle right now. Is this normal for half way through the cycle?

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

hog4life

Hi ya Dailies.

Still no running for me, it's been 13 days. The good news is that my leg is getting better.

SF, I went trough a rough time about half way through on 2 different occasions, so IMP, it's normal.

Dave, hope your calf gets better.

Rick, flooding? I need to look at the news or talk to dad, haven't heard this.

delicate flower

Good, ah say, good morning!  I ran last night and this morning, and here is a summary so listen up now:

Last night:  Track workout.  10 x 400m with 400m recoveries.  My speed on the 400's has picked up a little and I'm finally running them very close to 5K PR pace.  I'm happier about the fact that they don't leave me sucking wind quite so much anymore, nor did I have to take any extended recoveries.  My body seems to be getting used to them.  8 miles total at 7:42 avg pace.

This morning:  7 easy miles at 8:11 pace.  Uneventful pre-work run.

Triathlon Tuesday night for DW.   I'll be doing something a bit different and relaying with another racer, but I'll be doing the five mile mountain bike ride instead of the run.  Fun fun!!  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Hi ya Dailies.

Still no running for me, it's been 13 days. The good news is that my leg is getting better.

SF, I went trough a rough time about half way through on 2 different occasions, so IMP, it's normal.

Dave, hope your calf gets better.

Rick, flooding? I need to look at the news or talk to dad, haven't heard this.

Did the doctor say when you could start running?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Did the doctor say when you could start running?

He didn't really say that I needed to stop. He said let the pain be the guide. When the pain causes me to limp, I think it's best to wait a bit longer. I also want to wait for the meds and PT to help start the healing/rehab. I may try a little short, slow, and easy 1/2 mile or so a bit later in the week.

happylily

I think I have 10 with 1 km intervals. 1k intervals? That's weird...

Have a nice day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Good morning!  Heading out in a bit for my 8 easy.

LRB- Yikes!  Hope the flooding is improving, and that the office didn't get hit too hard.

D- Sorry about all of the horniness out there.

D2- Glad the calf is holding up.

SF- The halfway point for anything can be a struggle for me.  You're not close enough to the beginning to feel fresh, and not close enough to the end to feel prepared OR close to being done.  Hang in there!

Mitch- Glad you are seeing improvements.  Can't wait until you are back on the road!

Phil- Good luck to you and DW!

Lily- 1km intervals are great for running on metric treadmills! Smile

StepbyStep-SH

Lily's back! That roger-person just confused me.

5.7 miles with a friend this morning. And now LRB just reminded me that I was teaching my son the Name Game song the other day, and though I intentionally did NOT use his dad's name, he did, and thought it was HIL-arious. Yeah, my DH's name is Marty (as in, banana-fana, fo-farty ...).

Have a great day everyone!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Rick- saw the flooding on the news. I hope you have a place to run.

Yeah I stayed closer to home rather than run at work where the Clinton River is straight up clowning this morning!

Luckily for me I get inside info on road closures and was able to to avoid the cluster fuck that is traffic this morning in Macomb County.  I was only ten minutes late for work while some are not even here yet!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! I have New Employee Orientation in 5 minutes, so I'll make it brief.

I woke up at 5AM to feed DD#2. By the time I got her back to sleep it was closing in on 6. My alarm goes off at 6:45 (as of late), so I said screw it, I'm going for a run. Ended up running 5.1 miles with 10 strides. It was 50 degrees out! I had to wear long sleeves! Big grin

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Up at 5 a.m. this morning.  Already 79 degrees, but we got some rain last night and a cool wind blew down from Colorado, Oklahoma, etc, so our dew-point this morning was only in the 60s....sweeet!   Did a run/walk in a local park with a mix of trails and paved roads.  Saw a lot of deer out in the early a.m.  Kinda creepy, though, running on trails before it is fully light - "Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!"  kept going through my head as I ran, lol - and then this dang coyote came sprinting out of the brush, across the trail in front of me, and into the brush on the other side.   About scared the crap outta me, my stomach did a topsy-turvy flop!  Sooo....I checked my running shorts... and no 'load' to carry, thank goodness!   3.3 miles done, with a couple of good-sized hills along the way too.

Wow, you're aging yourself with that song, LRB, lol.   Glad you survived the flooding for your run!

Sorry about the calf, D2. Glad you can still run!

You are definitely normal, StoneFence.  I remember my first half I trained for, I had a bit of a struggle with that about halfway through my training plan.  Just keep steadily going, work through it, it will get better.  You'll have some bad days on occasion, that's normal, but hopefully you'll have more good ones than bad ones.  And one day while you're out there, you will have a GREAT run and realize you are over the hump and you are ready for your half.  Stick with it, don't give up, you can do this.

Glad your leg is getting better, Mitch, but sorry about the no-running yet.  Wishing you a speedy recovery!

OK, Foghorn Leghorn Baboon!    Good luck to you and DW tonight!

Yeah, Andrew, it is August after all, so you already had your month of summer in July...so get ready for winter weather again up there in one of America's 'ice-box' states..     Glad you were able to get a run in, you've got to have a crazy-busy "life happens' schedule now with the new arrival.

Hope your 10 and intervals went well, lily!  No more 'roger' for you?  OK...roger that!

Hope your run went well, Zelanie, and you saw lots of interesting stuff along the way.  Always fun to run in new places and go exploring!

Way to go on the miles, Step.   And nice that your son learned a new song...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

First 18 of the plan done.

First trial of Honey Stinger - gotta like honey for sure! but it did seem to work quicker than GU.

Nothing major to report.