Beginners and Beyond

Please, Virginia, PLEASE kick Duke's @$$ today!!!....... (Read 39 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

So far, so good!  I meant to post this about an hour ago, but at least we're off to a good start!!

Duke

I actually respect Parker, but I just can't see another Blue Devil win this year.

Randy

Are they playing basketball?

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Are they playing basketball?

According to Kurtis Blow......yes! 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_shxzlTRK44

Randy

delicate flower

Virginia read this thread.  Coach K should fined, suspended, and caned for deliberately throwing a blunt object (his marker) towards the stands in an attempt to injure someone.

<3

Birdwell

This thread makes me happy.

A better punishment for coach K would be semi-solitary confinment. Lock him in a room with Dickie V for a few days.

2 men enter, one man leaves.

LRS

Chasing Muses

You're welcome.

Little Blue

I actually live in NC, and I've never understood the hatred for Dook and Coach K.  Now, I don't follow sports much, and I'm an NCSU grad, but in 15 words or less, why is Duke so reviled?  (And "Duke sucks" does not answer the question.)

LRB

I actually live in NC, and I've never understood the hatred for Dook and Coach K.  Now, I don't follow sports much, and I'm an NCSU grad, but in 15 words or less, why is Duke so reviled?  (And "Duke sucks" does not answer the question.)

New York Yankees, Detroit Red Wings, Boston Celtics, Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots to name a few.

Aside from consistently winning, what separates the teams who are revered from those who are reviled is the level of perceived help they get from the officials.

Duke always seem to get the calls so fans of other teams who those calls go against hate them.

LRS

Chasing Muses

New York Yankees, Detroit Red Wings, Boston Celtics, Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots to name a few.

Aside from consistently winning, what separates the teams who are revered from those who are reviled is the level of perceived help they get from the officials.

Duke always seem to get the calls so fans of other teams who those calls go against hate them.

Plus, he's kind of a dick.

Little Blue

I do seem to remember hearing that he's a bit .. unmannerly .. towards those around him.  I guess he's no Jim Valvano. (DH and I were at NCSU in 1983.)

LRB

Jimmy V was the man!  I still enjoy watching clips of him speaking, he left a lasting impression.

LRB

Plus, he's kind of a dick.

Yeah there is that.  lol

slowrunningjulie

Congratulations! You are probably feeling pretty good right about now.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

LRB

Congratulations! You are probably feeling pretty good right about now.

What?  Did Mercer win?

Singer who runs a smidge

Mercer won!  I watched the last three or four minutes, it was awesome!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.