Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

Really?  After 9am?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I have 8 miles to do, my groin now hurts 24/7 and I just taped.  That should go well....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I have 8 miles to do, my groin now hurts 24/7 and I just taped.  That should go well....

After it became clear that "strengthening it" was not working (after weeks of fighting with Nicole over it), I stopped doing all adductor/abductor work on the side that hurt.

Even then it took forever but the pain finally subsided to a manageable level.  It has only been a dull ache the past few months when I move my leg a certain way (usually when it adducts).

Docket_Rocket

Interesting.  We did some yesterday but it didn't hurt.  I think I hurt it by a combination of coughing and the side situps I did in Pilates on Wednesday.  I probably did not take care of my abs and lifted with the groin (the position has me in the air, not a typical side situp).  How did you figure yours was not broken?  Would it be too painful otherwise?  I don't really hurt while running; just a weird sensation.  But I just coughed and I said a big fuck it hurt so much.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

My groin hurt for months before everything got back to normal (I still feel it a bit sometimes). I was doing a "Coach Jay lunge routine" before pretty much all my runs, and was playing hockey once a week. All that stuff is supposed to make me STRONGER, but it wasn't. I stopped hockey, and it wasn't really improving until I stopped the lunge routines last march or april. Maybe I'm not helping myself in the long run, but the way I see it, if an exercise injures me, it's not good for me. Groin pain is not fun.

About 10 easy miles this morning.

MTA: It didn't really hurt while running either, just the first half mile or so. But it was in every day life activities, like hurrying a bit to cross the street, like changing direction while walking, like stepping out of a car...

Docket_Rocket

Thanks.  Or getting out of bed....

I am close to stop coughing but coughing while running has not been fun.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Decided on rest day. Took down 80% of the Christmas stuff already this am. . At the puppy pool now sans Dh he got called to a fire at 2 am. Probably won't see him much today. He texted they sent him to another fire right after the first. Such is the life of an investigator I guess.

Marjorie

LRB

How did you figure yours was not broken? 

Simple things like adducting the leg muscle (it was my right side) to get out of the car began to kill me.  Or lifting my right leg to turn over from my right side to my left side in the bed at night. I could not squeeze a ball placed between my knees on that side at all and sneezing just basically tore the stupid thing to shreds, geezus!

The only issues I had running easy was just a little tightness during the first half mile or so of a run, but felt it a little more with the faster paces.  In fact during my 5k on July27 I did not push it at all because I was favoring it and that was after two months of it not getting any better.

Shortly thereafter I decided to stop working on it. Nicole was insistent that I needed to continue but I just felt it needed complete rest as it never got any better just worse.

I would suggest you let it rest as I did. I suppose Motrin would help with the inflammation but I do not like to take pills so it took mine longer to heal.  Right now it is still only about 90% and it started way back in May.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey y'all.

4.1 miles for me this morning.  Just registered for a spring HM so I need to get busy now.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

Hey y'all.

4.1 miles for me this morning.  Just registered for a spring HM so I need to get busy now.

Fresh meat! 

LRB

I was going to run 6 both days this weekend but just decided (literally like 10 seconds ago) to rest today instead.

I had two fantastic workouts this week (Wednesday and Friday) and will err on the side of laziness prudence rather than pushing it. After all this is the off-season for me.

So I will do 6 tomorrow, take Monday off then get back at it Tuesday.

B-Plus

All this groin talk is making me hurt.

Coffe then group run. It's usually the other way around but I'm hungry.

LRB

All this groin talk is making me hurt.

lol

The lesson there is less is sometimes more.

Docket_Rocket

Simple things like adducting the leg muscle (it was my right side) to get out of the car began to kill me.  Or lifting my right leg to turn over from my right side to my left side in the bed at night. I could not squeeze a ball placed between my knees on that side at all and sneezing just basically tore the stupid thing to shreds, geezus!

The only issues I had running easy was just a little tightness during the first half mile or so of a run, but felt it a little more with the faster paces.  In fact during my 5k on July27 I did not push it at all because I was favoring it and that was after two months of it not getting any better.

Shortly thereafter I decided to stop working on it. Nicole was insistent that I needed to continue but I just felt it needed complete rest as it never got any better just worse.

I would suggest you let it rest as I did. I suppose Motrin would help with the inflammation but I do not like to take pills so it took mine longer to heal.  Right now it is still only about 90% and it started way back in May.

Interesting.  She worked on inner and outer thighs yesterday but only by making circles and that did not hurt.  I also used a ball to squeeze without pain.  But not sure if it would hurt in the long run, KWIM?  I'll talk to her on Wednesday when I see her (if it hurts still) to adjust.  The reformer might kill my groin.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

6 miles at 43 degrees in shorts & short sleeves. I don't know how many days I've already run in shorts in December, but in any case it is a new record, as the previous record was zero. For some reason almost everyone else out running was in pants/tights, jackets & hats. Weird.

Dave