Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguin Warriors (Read 20 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!).

Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running.

-Sarah Condor

PADRunner

One of the problems of getting into the habit of running early, you wake up even when you don't need to... 5k at 8 this morning.

Mitch - Good to here.

hog4life

Thanks Pad, I just hope the meds and PT will make it better quickly. It's been 10 days since I've done any type of exercise.

For those that didn't see from yesterday, it's not a stress fracture, more of a soft tissue injury, like tendinitis.

on my way to badass

Mich-Injuries suck no matter the form. Glad its a managable one and not a stress fracture. Thanks for starting us off PAD. 5K at 9 with oldfatslow.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Bin Running

Mitch, good news!

Hi all, RD today.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning and Happy Weekend !!

Have a great 5K, SF and PAD.

Hope the tendonitis goes away soon, Mitch.

Have a nice RD, Bin,

Walking RD for us.  Knees are sore from LR, but they do feel when I walk. Seems more sore than last week's long walk/run, so maybe I should stick to walk/run.

Enjoy the weekend.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  4 and XT tonight.

Mitch, good news overall.  Hope the meds and PT help it go away for good.

Damaris

Zelanie

Ran 10 this morning after running 11 with MP miles last night.  Considering that, it went fairly well.   I intentionally took it super easy, especially since I was at the hilly park and the sun was out in full force.

Mitch- Glad you got hooked up with some PT and that it's not a stress fracture.

PAD- I hear you!  I guess I will have no trouble adjusting to getting up for school once I get back home!

SF- Nice run!  Say hello to OFS for us!

Bin- Enjoy the RD!

Oops, gotta run, hi everyone else!

Robert31320

Team TJ

That's good news for sure, Mitch!

3.3 for me way early this morning.

Have a a great weekend everyone.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hiya Pens.

PAD: I hope the 5k went well for y'all.

Hog: I'm glad it's not a sfx. Tendonitis is uncomfortable but you can manage it and it will go away.

SF: Have fun with OFS at the race.

Bin: Good luck with the RD and nice pics on FB.

Jerry: I know the feeling. I am tired of being achy, hence the low mpw. I'm sick of it.

D: only 4?! Are you injured? Wink

Z: Nice run. I'm happy to hear that you are still getting in your miles down there. Great pics of the sloth. it was a cute little thing.

Robert: 3.3? Great minds think alike.

3.3 very easy miles for me and some core work. 3x25 pushups, 3x15 lunges, and 3x15 chair squats. I might get a 12 pound medicine ball for sit-ups and I'm even looking into some of that beginner yoga stuff. Never thought I'd see the day.  Dinner and beer with friends tonight.

Enjoy.

PADRunner

A 46 second PR at feels like 83 degrees (felt like 95). Not the PR I wanted but getting closer.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

A 46 second PR at feels like 83 degrees (felt like 95). Not the PR I wanted but getting closer.

Congrats on the 46 second PR.  I'd take that any day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, PAD!

Jake, I'm just following my coach's plan.  LR tomorrow, and that one is even short for me.  I actually asked for less miles for Chicago.  I am really swamped at work now that I am covering my job and a regional position too.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

PAD!

So close... nothing to worry about , when the heat drops you will be well under your goal.

I ended up hitting Deanna's Dash - closer to me...

Congrats on the PR!

GinnyinPA

PAD - 46 seconds is great.  That's almost a minute better.  For 5k, that's big.

Mitch - glad it's not a sfx.  Did the doctor give any indication of healing time for your tendonitis?  I've had it before and healed in just a few days, but that was a different situation (during a long distance hike.)

Damaris - hope you enjoyed your easy day.

Stonefence - a race?  Or just running an easy 3 miles?

Bin - by this time you've probably done your Sunday long run.  Hope it went well.

Jerry - sorry the pain is still there.

Zel - good job on the back to back runs.  When do you get back to Oregon?

Robert - hope you get to sleep in tomorrow.  Good job on the 3.3.

Jack - I hope the body behaved itself with the short miles.  Be careful with the x training if you're dealing with injury.  It can help, or exacerbate the injury.

AFM:  A steep 6 or 7 mile hike today past a couple of waterfalls to a lake in the Bitterroots.  Hot today.  It was 93 at 6 pm when we set up at a campground in St. Regis, MT.  .