Beginners and Beyond

End-of-year mileage goals anyone? (Read 111 times)

meaghansketch

As November winds down, with no goal races on my horizon, I have decided to go after a mileage goal for 2013.  I am at around 1750 for the year which makes an even 2000 a bit ambitious but possible.  It's only ~42 per week, which is more or less what I've been averaging for the year, but keeping the mileage up with holidays, traveling, and the most demanding time of year at work is going to be slightly tough.

Anyone else trying to hit a mileage goal for 2013?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Not me. I have a big race in three weeks time and after that I will likely take a week or two off. Good luck on your goal, I think you can do it, weather permitting.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I want to top 1000 for 2013. That is it. This month is a big month for me so far, got my first sub 2 hour finish at the Indy Monumental Half, won 2nd place overall women's at a 15k trail race this past Saturday and I am hoping my legs will have one more surprise on Thanksgiving morning at the 24th Annual Turkey Dash 5k. In appreciation of my legs being so awesome this year I will give them a break from races during December.

Edited after looking at my training log summary: It looks like tomorrow morning's 7 miler will put me at 1006.9 Big grin

Go Me!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Walk-Jogger

My Beginning of Year mileage goal was 2013 miles for 2013, but I had to risk that to train and run my first marathon in July. As it turns out I've had to take a bunch of time off from running to heal up after a highly successful first marathon, and I've fallen way behind my 2013 target mileage goal. My mileage is already higher for this year than any previous year of my running, but I won't even make 2,000 at the current rate. I've reset the goal down to 1750 miles, but even that seems at risk now.

Retired &  Loving It

Love the Half

I started with a goal of 2750 and I'm at 2555 right now so I need just under 200 to hit it.  That should be fairly easy.  I'm hoping for 3,000 next year.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

If I were able to average a measly 20 MPW for the remainder of the year, I would be tickled pink.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I had initially expected to run about 1800 miles this year, but the first half of the year left me well behind that. At the end of July I had only 952, 93.5 miles behind schedule and a projected 1639 total. I've made up most of that deficit in the last 10 weeks and anticipate finishing with just over 1800 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Philliefan33

My mileage goal for the year was 1200, and I passed that already. I have a streak of 11 months with at least 100 miles, but that is in danger of ending this month. I need 47 more miles in 11 days, which is physically doable but mentally I'm ready for  a little break from "having" to run.

delicate flower

Not really.  I just want to finish the year strong.  My mileage goal for the year was shot a week in, but considering how I've rebounded, I could take the rest of the year off and it'd still be better than I could have possibly hoped for.  I should close out the year around 1700, which seems pretty amazing to me.

<3

I had none at the beginning of the year, then around April I got crazy & (once I figured out how to do it) entered a goal in my log of 2000 for the year. Which I was way behind the moment I set it, but I thought it was a good balance of aggressive yet achievable. At the finish of my June marathon, I got to within a couple miles of it, but then went into recovery mode, then got injured. Eventually I removed it from my log because it got too depressing to look at. Anyhoo, things are doing a bit better, but I'm not really within reach of any major round number, and more focused on staying healthy anyway.

Dave

Rondog65

I have a modest goal of 1,000 miles for the year compared to most.  I am on track to make the mark, even with the recent decline in weekly/monthly running.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Robert31320

Team TJ

My goal for the year is 1,000.

I currently sit at 721.  I have not been injured at any time through the year and I will not make my goal.  During the summer months I hit a spell of laziness and did not run as I should.  I started the year just fine and BAM!  I have no excuse and have vowed to myself to do better next year against the same goal.

As of today, my revised goal is to hit 850 Undecided

With all that said, I'm 117 miles ahead of my 2012 total so I am happy about that.

Running for TJ because he can't.

MothAudio

I pledged 3000 miles. I finished week 46 with 2679 miles. I need to average 55 mpw for the remainder of the year. Seems reasonable.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Stated Running Game goal was 1000 since I'm a rookie this year in the game.  Secretly, I desired to hit 1200.  I should hit that number soon and finish around 1300.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

onemile

I'm at 2,358 so far but kinda taking a little post marathon break. Should still hit 2500 without too much trouble though.