Beginners and Beyond

Oh God, what have I done? (Read 250 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I just registered for my first half.  I'm kind of freaking out.

You think you're freaking out now, wait until Taper Week and then the actual day of the race!  You'll be freaking out right up to the start.  And then when the gun goes off, you'll settle in and all that training will take over.  Take a deep breath, Kay, and relax.  You are normal. Happy training and good luck!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mostly harmless

Yep, what everyone else said. You are already way ahead of where I was before my first just by being involved with this board.  If I had been aware of an online community like this before mine I would have known how terribly under-trained I was.

Find a good plan and follow it and you'll do great and hopefully have a lot of fun along the way!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Jess runs for bacon

I was considering this one, but it's a little pricey. May still do it though. Good luck!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm putting the 8K on my radar. The Rutgers campus is only a few minutes from my parents' house, so I could stay there the night before. However, there is a race that same day near my boyfriend's house as well that was on my radar.

Anyways, as I said before you're going to rock this!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

No more marathons

You think you're freaking out now, wait until Taper Week and then the actual day of the race!  You'll be freaking out right up to the start.  And then when the gun goes off, you'll settle in and all that training will take over.  Take a deep breath, Kay, and relax.  You are normal. Happy training and good luck!

And a few weeks after the HM, you will be wondering what all the stress was about as you plan your next HM or more.        

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

@runjerseygirl

lilac, I hope you decide to do it!  It would be awesome to meet you!

Kristin, let me know if you're decide to do the 8k.  Again, an FE would be sweet!

Do you even run?

Strict WTF adherent

Enjoy. Have a fat cat at the finish

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

lilac, I hope you decide to do it!  It would be awesome to meet you!

Kristin, let me know if you're decide to do the 8k.  Again, an FE would be sweet!

Will do!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

I heard the course runs from Rutgers to Camden and back, not a good loop, lol.

Maybe Gov Christie will run.....nah....the roads couldnt handle that poundage.

I see a 3rd place in your AG award.....  are your really only 18?

Watch the you tube video over and over...and save up any personal days...you'll need them

LRB

You are already way ahead of where I was before my first just by being involved with this board.  If I had been aware of an online community like this before mine I would have known how terribly under-trained I was.

That is true of me as well...I still would have ran it though. I was not taking no for an answer!

happylily

You will love it! Have fun and train safely!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Good luck!  Be smart, train well and you'll do great.

@runjerseygirl

Enjoy. Have a fat cat at the finish

That's the plan! Big grin

Do you even run?